This latest update to both the DMCP and DM42/Free42 parts of the DM42's firmware brings the following improvements:
- Firmware update from FAT - doesn't wait for key press after successful flashing
- RESET+[+] jumps directly to MSC mode (checks for firmware and keymap file and installs them without confirmation)
- Support for reset.bmp (loaded from /reset.bmp)
- (Devel) System keymap support (loaded from /keymap.bin)
- (Testing) "System->Power OFF mode" menu item
- DMY/MDY switch on date setting screen
- Update Free42 core to 2.0.22
- Fixed message font size (earlier followed font size of topmost register)
- Fixed missing pixels (as reported in EEVblog #1159 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ong91Ji3iDk)
Earlier versions of DMCP would flash firmware from a file on the FAT disk and then wait for a keypress before rebooting the DM42. There's no need to wait, the DM42 is restarted automatically now.
If there's a firmware file and/or keymap file on the FAT drive, you can have it/them flashed and loaded by holding the [+] key down while pressing the RESET button on the back of the DM42.
If there's a reset.bmp file in the root of the FAT drive, it will be loaded and displayed after a RESET. This file must be in the same format as the OFFIMG files (1-bit, 400x240 Windows NT Bitmap).
This is only used in a development environment.
Offers several levels of power off with different components switched on/off. Useful for diagnosing excessive power consumption.
To make it easier to switch between DMY and MDY notations for dates, the "-1m" soft menu key has been removed and a "DMY" or "MDY" context-sensitive soft menu entry added on the "Settings > Set date" SETUP page.
Recent updates to Free42 have been rolled into the DM42. For details see Free42's history page
Message font size bug
This is a fix for the message font size bug identified by forum user pica in this forum topic: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2081
Thanks for that, pica
The bug reported in EEVblog #1159 has been fixed.
The method for updating your DM42 is covered in the manual.
The latest firmware binaries are available here.
- be1ef5544c5ac5aa8abab2550974a71a9c7f3474 DM42-3.12.pgm
- bce80bddcdbd68af4d924b63fff9c31231e9f1d9 DMCP_flash_3.12.bin
- cd766ea3657b25fdf35f785a2d6af5ef44378bcc DMCP_flash_3.12_DM42-3.12.bin