A couple additional functions that would be cool to have

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM42 calculator
Thomas Okken

Re: A couple additional functions that would be cool to have

Post by Thomas Okken »

mcc wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:31 pm
Because one person has found a one-time-"failure" and cant reproduce that very problem no one is thinking, a trusty 14-year-"old" (in the sense of 14 years of development) program (Free42), which is known for its truthfully emulation of the HP42s is "a buggy piece of junk", Thomas.
You you mentioned one crash, and "some" that don't run. Mentioning a "one-time, haven't-managed-to-reproduce" crash, and mentioning whether or not any of those programs that don't run are actual 42S programs would have been better.

If an HP-42S program doesn't run in Free42, it's inevitably because of a bug in Free42, or because of an incompatibility between the HP-42S and Free42. However, if an HP-41 program doesn't run in Free42, it can also be because of any of several differences between the 41 and the 42S, as discussed in the HP-42S manual, chapter 11.
Walter

Post by Walter »

keithdalby wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:01 pm
Walter wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:48 pm
others can't spell or express their thoughts properly in writing
Sorry if you've been [a/e]ffected by anything I've said :).
No need for sorry - my post contains just observations - no offense intended.
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
keithdalby

Post by keithdalby »

Walter wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:04 am
no offense intended.
And none taken
prasad22

Post by prasad22 »

hpgene wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:33 pm
1) I would like to see more math functions:

Q and Q-1 for normal/inverse normal distributions.
T and T-1 for students...
F and F-1 for F
BIO and for Binomial
CORR for correlation
COV for covariance

2) Utility functions for programming

EVEN?
ODD?
X=1?
X=Y(R)? --- which is X = Y rounded to display?
Y=Z? maybe

Yes, I know many of these things are from Angel's HP 41CL roms. :-)
A few things are in the attached program.
The attached program "DISTRN.raw" has six functions (please change the filename from DISTRN.zip to DISTRN.raw after downloading. I don't know how to post .raw files. Thanks):
1. Binomial PDF (probability density function): Works out probability given n (no. of trials), x, and p (probability of success)
2. BInomial CDF (cumulative distribution function): Works out probability given n and lower and upper values (P(lower <= X <= upper, n and p)
3. Binomial Solver: Solves the equation P(X>=k) >= Probability. Given any three variables, works out the fourth one ( out of n (no. of trials), p (probability of success), k an integer and Probability).
4. Normal PDF: Finds the ordinate of the probability. Given x, mean, and standard deviation works out the f(x) value. F(x) = 1/(2.pi.stdev)*exp(-(x-mean)^2/stdev).
5. Normal CDF (Cumulative distribution function): Works out probability (area under the bell curve) between the given lower and upper values for a mean and for a standard deviation.
6. Inverse Normal Distribution (INRC): There are a total of five variables - lower value, upper value, mean, std. deviation and probability. Given any four of these five, the program works out the fifth.

Trust it is useful.
Prasad.
Attachments
DISTRN.zip
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 252 times