SwissMicros DM42
Olaf

Re: DM42 release date please...

Post by Olaf »

Ordered !!

Greetings from France

Olaf
-----------------------------------------------------------------
HP48G, DM42 (# 276), a slide rule and a C compiler :-)
Leechpool

Post by Leechpool »

ditto...had email confirming order and everything :D
Michael
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Testing-42 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:25 pm
I can not see it on the order form !?
Maybe the old page is cached. Either reload or use a different browser.
Testing-42

Post by Testing-42 »

After some refreshes it worked thanks!
mgmander

Post by mgmander »

Testing-42 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:25 pm
Am I missing something?
I can not see it on the order form !?
On the main "blue menu-bar" menu on the swissmicros page, remember to use the link that says "Order" and not the main "DM42" link, since that page has not been updated that I can see. The regular order page has the DM42 added as the first item in the list now.

I've ordered mine too and am very much looking forward to it. I have many HP calculators and have been programming in RPN and RPL for decades now. Never had a "real" HP-42S (just emulators) and am very much looking forward to the highly capable DM42!

I have tried newer HP models, the 33s, 35s and limited edition 15C, and all of them had keyboards that started to get unreliable after a year or two of regular use, either keys that bounced or keys that didn't register unless being pressed with very firm and deliberate pressure. One of my two LE 15C units had a bad key right out of the box, and stupidly enough, I never bothered to send it back for replacement. However even my first HP, an 11C I bought for high school in 1983, is still working perfectly to this day with a flawless keyboard (and only about 3 or maybe 4 battery changes!). My 41CX, 32SII, 28C, 48SX and so on, all still have perfect keyboards too. Hopefully the SwissMicros hardware will be longer lasting than modern HPs! That said, I actually never had issues with my 49G+ or 50G keyboards, although I hated the non-traditional ENTER key position and that key's small size.

Anyways, apologies for all the off-topic banter. Excited about the DM42 for sure! :-)
pcscote

Post by pcscote »

Ordered one! :D
Sylvain
[DM1x/DM1xL/DM41/DM41L/DM41X/DM42]
mcc

Post by mcc »

Hi,

before I order a short question:
Is it possible to list program code in more than two lines to the display without
using a (real) printer (background: I am a Free42 user on Android.. :)
Is there any manual available, which includes the description of othere
features as well?

Thanks a lot for any help/info in advance!

Best regards,
Meino
DM 42 - SN: 00373, Firmware release v.:3.22. / DMCP 3.24. as compiled by SwissMicros
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

mcc wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:54 am
Is it possible to list program code in more than two lines to the display
It certainly is. Depending on the font you use, you can get up to 10 lines on screen.

This is a snippet of code from a program I wrote to benchmark the impact of screen refreshing on program execution while that aspect of the DM42 was still under development.

(Yes, you can do screenshots with the DM42 as well...)
mcc wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:54 am
Is there any manual available, which includes the description of othere
features as well?
The DM42 is designed as a functional clone of the HP-42S so the manual for the HP machine widely available on-line will cover 99.9% of cases. There is also a quick reference guide embedded in the DM42 itself.

However, there are a number of things that are specific to the DM42, eg. screen size, system settings, firmware updates etc. Some of this information is available on-line at this address: http://www.swissmicros.com/doc/dm42_use ... anual.html

We are also working on a handbook in PDF format that gives you more information, but the above will get you through almost everything because operation of the DM42 is pretty self-explanatory.

Edit: A large amount of information is available by looking at the release notes for DM42 firmware. In fact it's a good idea to keep your eyes on this particular section of the forum because future updates will also be announced here: viewforum.php?f=13

Secondly, just as you can with the Android version of Free42, the DM42 provides a mechanism for you to import/export programs contained in .raw files, which are compatible across platforms, so you can write the program in one place and store it on the DM42 and on the Android device. This page makes it easy to write programs and obtain a .raw file or to generate a listing from a .raw file that you have already. At some point it will no doubt be brought into the SwissMicros website but for now it is available here: http://howto-pages.org/SwissMicros/dm42-decoder/
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
mcc

Post by mcc »

Hi

Got in trouble while trying to order a DM42.
I wanted to pay with my VISA-card but for unknown reasons, the card
is not useable for online purchase...
I have no Paypal account.

Is there any other way tp send you the money?

Thank you very much in advance for any help and understanding
for my situation.

Best regards,
Meino Cramer

PS: My PM adress is given while ordering the DM42...I already received a
EMail according to the order.
DM 42 - SN: 00373, Firmware release v.:3.22. / DMCP 3.24. as compiled by SwissMicros