Delivery to California USA

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM41X calculator
rprosperi

Re: Delivery to California USA

Post by rprosperi »

There currently is no priority shipping option with tracking, though very, very few shipments have ever been lost.

Shipping from Europe to International addresses with tracking is dramatically more expensive than the current rate, and is often not much faster, sometimes not even as fast, due to individual processing through customs. When this was explored in the past there was little interest and that was before the Pandemic (when rates went up even higher).

22 days is indeed longer than most to USA recently, but there are lots of random delays still due to COVID-19 restrictions; hang in there, it should not be much longer.
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
ak7v

Post by ak7v »

Hooray, it arrived today, 10/29! Just about one month.
amafan

Post by amafan »

ak7v wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:06 am
Hooray, it arrived today, 10/29! Just about one month.
Ahh, that new calculator smell. Smells like Victory!
DM42 (#6476), DM41X (#458), DM15, 12 - HP 12, 17BII, 35(2), 45, HP 27S, 28S, 30B, 41CV, 41CX, 42S, 48S, 35S, HP10bII+, 12C PLAT
I may have a problem!
Dave Britten

Post by Dave Britten »

rprosperi wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:03 am
There currently is no priority shipping option with tracking, though very, very few shipments have ever been lost.

Shipping from Europe to International addresses with tracking is dramatically more expensive than the current rate, and is often not much faster, sometimes not even as fast, due to individual processing through customs. When this was explored in the past there was little interest and that was before the Pandemic (when rates went up even higher).

22 days is indeed longer than most to USA recently, but there are lots of random delays still due to COVID-19 restrictions; hang in there, it should not be much longer.
For what it's worth, I just ordered some Commodore stuff from The Future Was 8-Bit on Friday, and they use DHL Express/International from the UK. Shipping cost was about £15, and it's currently estimated to arrive here in Michigan tomorrow (so 5 days, and with tracking - not too shabby). I don't know if the rates are dramatically different sending from Switzerland, but it might be worth looking into.
rprosperi

Post by rprosperi »

Shipping UK -> USA seems to be both cheaper and faster in general than from most countries on the continent, though I've also had several very cheap and and fast small shipments from Netherlands (7-9 days) in recent months. I know that costs for international shipping from Germany have increased quite dramatically since the Pandemic, but perhaps it has in most other countries too, I've simply not made purchases from other countries (except a calculator from Ukraine which was cheap, but took about 2.5 weeks)

My most recent shipment from UK arrived yesterday; it was from an eBay seller for a couple books; the cost was GBP 21 and it took 9 days, both quite reasonable
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
STS-741

Post by STS-741 »

The last airmail orders I got were 5 days from England, 4 days from the Netherlands and 16 days from Japan. The last order from the USA took 10 days with DHL International including parcel tracking. I still have to wait for two orders, both of them without parcel tracking from Japan, let's see how long it takes this time.
Benjer

Post by Benjer »

Shipped on October 9th. We're at 37 days and counting here in Oregon. Hopefully not too much longer.
akaTB

Post by akaTB »

Benjer wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:37 am
Shipped on October 9th. We're at 37 days and counting here in Oregon. Hopefully not too much longer.
Routed to a polling station, maybe? ;)
Greetings,
    Massimo
ajcaton
-+×÷ left is right and right is wrong :twisted: Casted in gold
Benjer

Post by Benjer »

Haha. It so happens Oregon is 100% vote by mail, so no real polling stations to speak of.

I do live in Corvallis, where HP's historical Advanced Products Division is located. Maybe the post office thought it ought to go there.
brainard

Post by brainard »

I ordered mine on 11/13 and received a reply within a couple hours that it shipped! Looking forward to receiving it soon in Ohio!
Mike