no ROM no fun

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM41X calculator
Amphitryon

Re: no ROM no fun

Post by Amphitryon »

hth313 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:57 pm
To give some help with my modules, they are all on Github
Congratulation, looks exemplary, a role model. Reminds me the saying, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Honestly, I only scanned through the TOC to see if I could make use of it. Ladybug seems to be a remake of HP16C, but for OS4 I have to read more to grasp its relevancy.
Amphitryon

Post by Amphitryon »

akaTB wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:15 pm
Wow, not a day in and already complaining badly.
I am only in to complain. Since I know about DM41X I read along with fun, amused by all those new questions completely answered since decades, circled here by guesswork.
I'm sure someone will find everything you need, print it and send it to you.
No-no! Not print pls (paper=wood, woods=oxygen), scan it to PDF, get it OCRed, make TOC functional, publish it online. (To keep the Internet running takes about the same amount of energy as all laundry machines and dish washers together. But it feels so much better than old-school paper.)
hth313

Post by hth313 »

Amphitryon wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:50 pm
hth313 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:57 pm
To give some help with my modules, they are all on Github
Congratulation, looks exemplary, a role model. Reminds me the saying, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Honestly, I only scanned through the TOC to see if I could make use of it. Ladybug seems to be a remake of HP16C, but for OS4 I have to read more to grasp its relevancy.
Correct, Ladybug is a remake of the HP-16C.

OS4 is a support module used by Ladybug and Boost. It is required to use the other two. Apart from that it is relevant to people that who to write MCODE modules of their own. This is stated under section 1.4 on page 2.

Boost is a generic extension module. I ran out of time to spare around the summer and it is just a developer snapshot at the moment. I hope to rectify this in the coming months, though I am a bit stuck with other work so progress is slow, but things are done.
Ángel Martin

Post by Ángel Martin »

Amphitryon wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:37 pm
Ángel Martin wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:44 pm
Amphitryon wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:48 am
I would appreciate it if ROMs or MODs are kept together with the description PDF.
If this ticks you off so much then I suggest you take this up with that site's webmaster.
It is not Warren's site, it is here @swissmicros where your ROMs are offered completely w/o manuals.
What's your point exactly? Complaining that there's not documentation for everything or the disorganized (?) presentation of the site??
Exactly this two points, you got it. ROMs here, for manuals (if any) look elsewhere, good luck.
It pays off to do a small web searching.
Is that really your goal, or part of the game, get users bussy searching for manuals? Happy Easter all year?
Most of my modules are well-documented here: ...
And the rest of it? Listen, I find my programs with changed global alpha labels on one of the MOD files on the site of swissmicros, on your request I did send it once to you together with the manual. What is your problem not to distribute this manual together with my programs? (You distribute it in public so I ask you also in public and not in PM.)
Life is short, the ROM is full.
Nice, tnx 4 the kind hint. Sounds as polite as 'buy, sell, or get out of the way.' Even less.
Obviously you're missing the point completely, probably intentionally, so I won't bother with a detailed retort. For the record you have NOT bought ANYTHING from me since my modules are all freeware. For the record I don't work for SwissMicros or have any commercial relationship with them. It goes without saying the way they choose to distribute their material and organize their web sites is entirely up to them. Perhaps you could stop complaining about insignificant nuisances and contribute to the community like many other users have.
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

The user Amphitryon has indicated clearly that they're here only to complain.

Bye bye, Amphitryon.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.