Algorithmen der Netzwerkanalyse fur programmierbare Taschenrechner

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
EM41

Algorithmen der Netzwerkanalyse fur programmierbare Taschenrechner

Post by EM41 »

Algorithmen der Netzwerkanalyse
fur programmierbare Taschenrechner
(HP-41C) Dieter Lange

After a long time I am trying for nostalgic reasons to run the reduction program (RED) from this book on the DM41 but the analysis part of the program doesn't work, not even with the demo program on page 23.
I had the program on my HP41 once but I don't have the mag cards any more so I cannot compare, probably there was once an addendum to the book or I figured the error/problem out myself.
Lazy as I am I hope that anyone of you ever entered this program on your 41, saved it in working order and is willing to compare it with mine.

The book is copyrighted and still on sale at Springer so I cannot post a pdf here but using a search engine you must be able to find it somewhere, I am afraid it's German only I actually bought it once, in 1984 I think, and its still a book with educational value. The program itself really doesn't make sense without the book.

Erik
Attachments
RED.raw
(862 Bytes) Downloaded 172 times
HP41C (2x), HP41CV, HP41CX, DM41X β, DM41X, DM42, HP11C, HP48G, HP97
EM41

Re: Algorithmen der Netzwerkanalyse fur programmierbare Taschenrechner

Post by EM41 »

Found the problem, its again the printer module. I plugged the printer module to be able to enter the XROM "PRPLOT" function on line 176 but for some reason if the printer is not present this leads to an error. Unplug the printer and all works fine.
EM41

Re: Algorithmen der Netzwerkanalyse fur programmierbare Taschenrechner

Post by EM41 »

For those interested in these programs, this is the NET program described in the book, saves you an hour of typing.
Both RED and NET fit in memory at the same time but for a useful circuit analysis you need at least 50 free registers, 27 registers are used by the program the rest depends on the size of the matrix describing the circuit.

The UP label means UnterProgram or subroutine, this can be called separately by another program.
So if somebody decides to make a module out of these two programs they need to be renamed UP1 and UP2 or something.
Please send me a copy of the module if you do so, I don't know how to do this.
Have fun (I did) and again read the book before using.

Erik

(maybe this topic should go to the 41x programs section)
Attachments
NET.raw
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 168 times