43S News

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
User avatar
akaTB
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 1:56 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Re: 43S News

Post by akaTB »

toml_12953 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:33 am
Walter wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:06 pm
A new wp43s.exe is available for you to do all the checks you ever wanted to do. You'll find SHOW being better formatted than before, some statistics started operating, screen shots may be stored locally, you can store and recall the entire stack at once, the % functions are implemented, DOT and CROSS operate on complex numbers, etc. :D

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Here's what I get when I start it in Windows now. It worked before.
Blanks.jpg
Extreme customization!
Greetings,
    Massimo
ajcaton
-+×÷ left is right and right is wrong :twisted: Casted in gold
Dani R.
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: 43S News

Post by Dani R. »

toml_12953 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:33 am
Here's what I get when I start it in Windows now. It worked before.
WP43S has been working with 'artworks' since 04.04.2020. You have to download the whole subdirectory 'artwork' and copy it to the place where the wp43s.exe is located.
DM42 SN:00032
User avatar
pauli
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 10:11 am
Location: Australia

Re: 43S News

Post by pauli »

toml_12953 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:33 am
Here's what I get when I start it in Windows now. It worked before.
You've found the blank nut equivalent.

Pauli
toml_12953
Posts: 683
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 7:46 pm
Location: Malone, NY USA

Re: 43S News

Post by toml_12953 »

pauli wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:47 pm
toml_12953 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:33 am
Here's what I get when I start it in Windows now. It worked before.
You've found the blank nut equivalent.

Pauli
:lol:
Tom L

If I buy someone a drink to congratulate them, is it a Mazel Tov cocktail?

DM10L SN: 059/100
DM41X SN: 00023 (Beta)
DM41X SN: 00506 (Shipping)
DM42 SN: 00025 (Beta)
DM42 SN: 00221 (Shipping)
User avatar
Walter
Posts: 1665
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 11:13 am
Location: Close to FRA, Germany

Re: 43S News

Post by Walter »

@Tom: please read the updated README in Windows binaries and proceed accordingly. 8-)
DM42 SN: 00041 Beta
WP 43S running on this device

HP-35, HP-45, ..., HP-50, WP 34S, WP 31S, DM16L
toml_12953
Posts: 683
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 7:46 pm
Location: Malone, NY USA

Re: 43S News

Post by toml_12953 »

Walter wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:27 pm
@Tom: please read the updated README in Windows binaries and proceed accordingly. 8-)
OK, I downloaded the artwork directory and it's OK now. I don't know about this reading stuff, though. :?
Tom L

If I buy someone a drink to congratulate them, is it a Mazel Tov cocktail?

DM10L SN: 059/100
DM41X SN: 00023 (Beta)
DM41X SN: 00506 (Shipping)
DM42 SN: 00025 (Beta)
DM42 SN: 00221 (Shipping)
User avatar
Walter
Posts: 1665
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 11:13 am
Location: Close to FRA, Germany

Re: 43S News

Post by Walter »

toml_12953 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:30 pm
Walter wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:27 pm
@Tom: please read the updated README in Windows binaries and proceed accordingly. 8-)
OK, I downloaded the artwork directory and it's OK now. I don't know about this reading stuff, though. :?
Yes, that was a bit difficult since I can't copy links with my phone. But here we are now:
Please read https://gitlab.com/Over_score/wp43s/-/b ... /README.md and act accordingly. 8-)
DM42 SN: 00041 Beta
WP 43S running on this device

HP-35, HP-45, ..., HP-50, WP 34S, WP 31S, DM16L
CaveMan
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Re: 43S News

Post by CaveMan »

Walter wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:06 pm
A new wp43s.exe is available for you to do all the checks you ever wanted to do. You'll find SHOW being better formatted than before, some statistics started operating, screen shots may be stored locally, you can store and recall the entire stack at once, the % functions are implemented, DOT and CROSS operate on complex numbers, etc. :D

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Works great on my laptop, but I am getting this error on my desktop system:
An empty frame is drawn and then this crash happens:
Exception code=0xc000001d flags=0x0 at 0x000000000040658A

System is Win10x64 with all updates(according to Windows Update) and latest GTK3x64. Can anyone tell me what this error means in the context of the simulator so that I can fix this? The last working version I had was from last year and I was eager to try the new version.

Thanks!
User avatar
Walter
Posts: 1665
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 11:13 am
Location: Close to FRA, Germany

Re: 43S News

Post by Walter »

CaveMan wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:58 pm
Works great on my laptop, but I am getting this error on my desktop system:
An empty frame is drawn and then this crash happens:
Exception code=0xc000001d flags=0x0 at 0x000000000040658A

System is Win10x64 with all updates(according to Windows Update) and latest GTK3x64. Can anyone tell me what this error means in the context of the simulator so that I can fix this? The last working version I had was from last year and I was eager to try the new version.
We're most willing to help, so please elaborate a bit: What's the difference between your laptop and desktop system? When does the error occur? What was entered immediately before? Etc. whatever you think is necessary so we can try to reproduce the error you observe. Thanks in advance.
DM42 SN: 00041 Beta
WP 43S running on this device

HP-35, HP-45, ..., HP-50, WP 34S, WP 31S, DM16L
toml_12953
Posts: 683
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 7:46 pm
Location: Malone, NY USA

Re: 43S News

Post by toml_12953 »

Walter wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:29 pm
toml_12953 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:30 pm
Walter wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:27 pm
@Tom: please read the updated README in Windows binaries and proceed accordingly. 8-)
OK, I downloaded the artwork directory and it's OK now. I don't know about this reading stuff, though. :?
Yes, that was a bit difficult since I can't copy links with my phone. But here we are now:
Please read https://gitlab.com/Over_score/wp43s/-/b ... /README.md and act accordingly. 8-)
Es tut mir leid. :oops:

I got that from my fraternal Grandmother who was from Germany and brought me there for a visit to her hometown (Darmstadt). While there, she wouldn't let me try to speak German (she hated my accent) but she did teach me that phrase. She did enjoy a little joke, though. When I wanted to exchange some currency at a bank, she told me that the phrase for that is Hande hoch. Luckily she stopped me before I actually tried to use it.
Tom L

If I buy someone a drink to congratulate them, is it a Mazel Tov cocktail?

DM10L SN: 059/100
DM41X SN: 00023 (Beta)
DM41X SN: 00506 (Shipping)
DM42 SN: 00025 (Beta)
DM42 SN: 00221 (Shipping)
Post Reply