[DM41L V30] Turning ON sometimes does not work

If you think you've found a bug in one of these machines, post about it here indicating the steps you perform in order to reproduce it.

Please prefix your topic with the model number in question and firmware version this way:

[DM16 V22] CHS gives unexpected results
tigerpeil

[DM41L V30] Turning ON sometimes does not work

Post by tigerpeil »

Hallo together,
since I have the DM41L (about two months) it has happened a few times(may be 5 times), that I had problems to turn the calculator on. I had to press the "ON"-key 4-5 times until the calculator switched on. After it had switched on, the time of the clock had changed (today it was about 30 minutes wrong, although the time was correct before).
Normally the "ON"-key works without problems, so I think this issue is also somehow related to the time-function of the calculator.
Anyone has an idea, where the problem comes from and/or what I should try to do?
Thank you,
Stefan
jthole

Re: [DM41L V30] Turning ON sometimes does not work

Post by jthole »

Not the same issue, but mine randomly switched off automatically, and reset itself. Michael sent me a new main board. Now everything is working as it should (though I use the L a lot less, now I have the X).
DM42 s/n 06181 DM41X s/n \(\beta\)0005 (sold)
tigerpeil

Post by tigerpeil »

Update:
Meanwhile I have made a reset of the calculator (by pressing CLX and ON) and obviously the bug has disappeared. If it comes again I will let you know.
Stefan
tigerpeil

Post by tigerpeil »

Update:
The bug has appeared again. It has to do with the commands SETIME or SETAF. After using these commands (I have to look which one of the two) the problem always appears.
Any suggestions?
tigerpeil

Post by tigerpeil »

Update:
It is the command SETAF resp. CORRECT that causes the bug.
When I dont`t use these commands the bug does not appear.