Really good work Inautilus. Thank you!
I like your request for BRUTAL response… here goes:
I love the effect of the colouring at the top part with the impact of the white functions. Nicely done.
I love our fonts, the math letters are amazing and also the caps and lower case. Works beautifully.
About the numpad highlighting options you proposed: I think the highlighting highlights not only the numbers, but also emphasizes a group of unrelated f and g menus for no reason. Furthermore, I do not feel there is a need for highlighting the numbers as it is really easy to find, and it is just a pretty aspect. I think there is nothing really going for it, but on the other hand, there is also nothing really NOT going for it, so let us hear more opinions.
About another of your nice features that disappeared: I would much rather get the darkened menu item backgrounds back. That is also pretty but a lot more functional too. These are very effectively done on the 32SII.
1. I would like to see the very thin lines a little thicker. I am worried about paint not properly showing on the template, i.e. not being sufficiently dense. I indicated in the detailed doc linked, where needed. I am referring to the lower case letters in the top row, specifically: a, b/c, d, ms, the lines of |x|, the lines of the % and Δ% and arrow up/dn can be a little thicker.
2. Not all final tweaking has to be done in CAD using fonts, etc. Once 99% complete, the last few things can easily be adjusted by dragging the vectors once all the fonts are broken up into their constituent parts. I can help.
3. I suspect that all the grey text A through Z and punctuation, could benefit from being shifted to the right by a mere one letter stroke width (line width of the grey letters).
4. Recently 43S changed their SUMS menu name to Σ, but I maintain we should leave it as is “SUMS”, as the text fits well with all the surrounding texts. Comments for or against?
5. See linked 'n document with detailed comments. It is not possible to use this board when interleaving images in a table, so I just made the pdf.
6. In analysing the labels, I realised with little harm we can mark the places for the USER mode shift keys, so I did. See the detail file. If we go into USER mode SHIFTS, and COS and TAN changes to f and g that is ok because I marked COS with a yellow half border and TAN with a blue half border. That is ok.
Now follow two questions
6a. [Σ+] is used for USER. Do we mark it maybe with a white half border? Or squeeze in a white USER vertically on the left side?
6b. The yellow shift key in USER works as shift, but is not needed. What do we put on there? Maybe HOME? Maybe leave it configurable?
And again, I like the progress!