DM41X

Forum for discussion of the DM10, DM11, DM12, DM15, DM16 and DM41 units
Dave Britten
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Re: DM41X

Post by Dave Britten » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:07 am

"CONF" sounds like "config" to me, but there's already "SETUP" on the keyboard, so it's anybody's guess what it might be for. Going directly to the module config menu, maybe?

User avatar
Mark Hardman
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 1:26 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: DM41X

Post by Mark Hardman » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:51 am

Perhaps CONF shows the configuration screen as seen on Godwin's post (#2) in the DM41X thread on the MoHPC.
DM42: β00043, β00065, 00357
DM41X: β00054

User avatar
Walter
Posts: 1357
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 9:13 am
Location: Close to FRA, Germany

Re: DM41X

Post by Walter » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:02 am

Thanks, Dave and Mark!
Mark Hardman wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:51 am
Perhaps CONF shows the configuration screen as seen on Godwin's post (#2) in the DM41X thread on the MoHPC.
I've seen said display on the picture as a test screen showing some status ... it displays "testing" at its top. Though it seems some people were involved in the layout (Bob at least) at some stage and they should know for sure.

Summarizing so far, we expect having USeR and CuSTom, SETUP and CONFiguration. The manual will be an interesting read.
DM42 SN: 00041 --- Follower of Platon.

HP-35, HP-45, ..., HP-50, WP 34S, WP 31S, DM16L

rprosperi
Posts: 710
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:48 pm
Location: New York

Re: DM41X

Post by rprosperi » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:19 pm

Manual, what manual? This is a 41 near-clone, so everything should be obvious to even the most casual observer ("near" covering a world of possibilities here...)
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071, DM10L: 071/100

User avatar
Walter
Posts: 1357
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 9:13 am
Location: Close to FRA, Germany

Re: DM41X

Post by Walter » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:28 pm

rprosperi wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:19 pm
Manual, what manual? This is a 41 near-clone, so everything should be obvious to even the most casual observer ("near" covering a world of possibilities here...)
The DM42 is a HP-42S near-clone, too, but offering a lot more than the original. Well, maybe not a lot, but a significant amount of new possibilities. Merely copying an old calculator without adding anything new would be just boring, wouldn't it? And these new features shall be documented, of course.
DM42 SN: 00041 --- Follower of Platon.

HP-35, HP-45, ..., HP-50, WP 34S, WP 31S, DM16L

mezoganet
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:54 pm
Location: Tours, France

Re: DM41X

Post by mezoganet » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:02 pm

*** deleted ***
Last edited by mezoganet on Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP33E, HP34C, HP41C, HP16C, HP28S, HP42S, HP48S, HP12C, HP35S, DM42, DM41L, DM15L, DM41X (SN#15) and HP3000 @ work during 18 yrs as IT Mgr

mezoganet
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:54 pm
Location: Tours, France

Re: DM41X

Post by mezoganet » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:06 pm

mezoganet wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:02 pm
Walter wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:28 pm
rprosperi wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:19 pm
Manual, what manual? This is a 41 near-clone, so everything should be obvious to even the most casual observer ("near" covering a world of possibilities here...)
The DM42 is a HP-42S near-clone, too, but offering a lot more than the original. Well, maybe not a lot, but a significant amount of new possibilities. Merely copying an old calculator without adding anything new would be just boring, wouldn't it? And these new features shall be documented, of course.
Totally agree, even if HP41 was a kinda revolution, it has been totally surpassed by the HP42s and of course the lovely DM42...

What can be done better than this one ?

I will more than probably buy the DM41, but will turn to my DM42 more than often.

Solver was so magic, like my ***rip*** HP34, long time ago.
HP33E, HP34C, HP41C, HP16C, HP28S, HP42S, HP48S, HP12C, HP35S, DM42, DM41L, DM15L, DM41X (SN#15) and HP3000 @ work during 18 yrs as IT Mgr

mezoganet
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:54 pm
Location: Tours, France

Re: DM41X

Post by mezoganet » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:01 pm

toml_12953 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:22 am
Eagerly awaiting the Beta program. Anyone want a DM41L cheap? I never did like the landscape format.
Landscape format was’nt my stuff neither.
HP33E, HP34C, HP41C, HP16C, HP28S, HP42S, HP48S, HP12C, HP35S, DM42, DM41L, DM15L, DM41X (SN#15) and HP3000 @ work during 18 yrs as IT Mgr

keithdalby
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: DM41X

Post by keithdalby » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:19 am

I like it, and I'm still hoping for a DM-42L in the future. I'm sure it's possible and, while I may be in the minority, I'm not alone in wanting a landscape DM-42

User avatar
akaTB
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 11:56 am
Location: Milan, Italy

Re: DM41X

Post by akaTB » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:25 am

keithdalby wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:19 am
while I may be in the minority,
You are. ;)
Greetings,
    Massimo
ajcaton
-+×÷ left is right and right is wrong :twisted: Casted in gold

Post Reply