Alt DM11L Font

Discussion of hardware issues related to the DM1x/DM41. Please ensure that you specifiy whether the issue is related to a credit card size unit or a "Voyager" unit (DM1xL/DM41L).
DogNuts

Alt DM11L Font

Post by DogNuts »

I just received my DM11L :D . It's beautifully built, easy to use (I love the clicks) and functionally EXACTLY like the HP11C I used on first engineering job. I do have a question though. For such a beautiful machine, I'd expect a somewhat better display font or pixel count. Is there anyway I can change the font to something that is closer to what the original HP voyager series had? I find the default DM11L font at times challenging (false shadow) depending on the viewing angle and/or lighting. Thank you.
grsbanks

Re: Alt DM11L Font

Post by grsbanks »

Hi there.

The DM11L actually runs the ROM of the original HP-11C, so it should behave exactly the same :)

All of the DM1x machines have 6 fonts to choose from (as of firmware V31). The way to cycle through the available fonts is to switch the calculator on while holding down the '7' key.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
DogNuts

Post by DogNuts »

That is PEFECT, and I'm in I love again !!

Thank you
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

No problem. Perhaps you'd like to have a look through the online manual for the SwissMicros-specific features of the DM11L:

https://technical.swissmicros.com/voyag ... er_manual/
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
DogNuts

Post by DogNuts »

Again, thank you. I'll do that now.