Compressed air duster finished breaking off key on my beloved DM16L :-(

Discussion of hardware issues related to the DM1x/DM41. Please ensure that you specifiy whether the issue is related to a credit card size unit or a "Voyager" unit (DM1xL/DM41L).
foubarre

Compressed air duster finished breaking off key on my beloved DM16L :-(

Post by foubarre »

The "+" key had been lookin abnormally recessed on the right for quite a while but yesterday it broke off completely, it still works and doesn't come out but the key is loose and rattles inside the casing :-(.
I think what finished breaking it is using a compressed air duster, due to the combination of cold and air pressure on the key, so don't make the same mistake!
Is it possible to buy a new DM16L housing upper half to make my beloved HP16C clone perfect again?

Last edited by foubarre on Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
grsbanks

Re: Compressed air duster finished breaking off key on my beloved DM16L :-(

Post by grsbanks »

You can but ask! Send an e-mail to michael@swissmicros.com and let him know your predicament.

BTW posting links to pages in an "img" tag won't work...
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
Lance Patrick

Re: Compressed air duster finished breaking off key on my beloved DM16L :-(

Post by Lance Patrick »

There is a quick repair for this, just use black thin automotive double side tape cut a little sticky square and paste it to the bottom of the button trim edges, and then drop the button into the keyboard flip it onto the circuit and the key is glued into place the key will be just slightly more stiff than before I fixed 4 or 5 keys little that no ill affects works like a charm....