DM15L - missing LCD column

Discussion of hardware issues related to the DM1x/DM41. Please ensure that you specifiy whether the issue is related to a credit card size unit or a "Voyager" unit (DM1xL/DM41L).
paf

Re: DM15L - missing LCD column

Post by paf »

The DM15L is back with a new screen. It came with glitches, but after few hours in the oven it is perfect....
HP-15C CE
HP-32S
HP-42S (2 of them...)
johanw

Post by johanw »

johanw wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:47 pm
I've mailed support@swissmicros.com about the issue, I'll see when they respond.
Well I have not seen any response yet. I know this is a 1-man company but this is taking very long.

In the meaantime another row has stopped functioning. Is there anything I can do myself? How difficult is it to replace the LCD myself?
johanw

Post by johanw »

Ah good, they replied quickly now and have sent a new LCD. Unfortunately that would take some time to arrive but that's nothing anyone can help.
johanw

Post by johanw »

I got a mail from the postal service that I had to pay €11.66 import fees. For just an LCD? :o
johanw

Post by johanw »

I got the replacement LCD and have installed it. All rows work again. However, there is some foam on the back of the old LCD that is glued to it that I can't remove without completely destroying it. I have now as a temporary solution folded toilet paper behind the LCD to keep it in place and that works, but does anyone know the specs of the original foam? I want to order it but I can't seem to find it. And what glue is used?