Trying to update v21 firmware on 16L getting error

Discussion of hardware issues related to the DM1x/DM41. Please ensure that you specifiy whether the issue is related to a credit card size unit or a "Voyager" unit (DM1xL/DM41L).
wildstar1063

Trying to update v21 firmware on 16L getting error

Post by wildstar1063 »

I am trying to update the firmware (Current version 21) on my DM-16L using my iMac, I tried with the iMac but got a build error with lpc21isp:

error: failed to build lpc21isp: command execution failed error: see /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var macports sources rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_cross lpc21isp/lpc21isp/main.log for details. error: follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets if you believe there is a bug.

Then I tried with Windows 10 using Parallels on the iMac. Parallels/Windows sees the calculator on COM5 and I downloaded the installer and hex file, and it goes through the process, but when I hit reset the calculator display says "PR ERROR"

I was not sure if I should post here or in the Bug reports area.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know

Chuck E.
grsbanks

Re: Trying to update v21 firmware on 16L getting error

Post by grsbanks »

Hi there.

This is actually an RTFM question.

"Pr Error" is normal on every Voyager unit (HP-10C, 11C, 12C, 15C, 16C) after a reset. The chances are your machine is now fully up to date.

Turn it off, press and hold the "E" key while switching it on. You'll see the firmware version on screen as long as you keep the "E" key pressed.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
wildstar1063

Re: Trying to update v21 firmware on 16L getting error

Post by wildstar1063 »

I actually got it to work in parallels, under windows 10. When I posted here I had tried several times and had tested with the power on "E" combination and was still getting the old V 21 version ID. However about seven or 8 tries later I finally got it to go through and now it is giving me the version 31 message. I'm not sure what I did differently on that last time but I won't argue with success.