DM16L STATUS and SHOW buttons, ALSO strange glyph

Forum for discussion of the DM10, DM11, DM12, DM15, DM16 and DM41 units
netizensmith

DM16L STATUS and SHOW buttons, ALSO strange glyph

Post by netizensmith »

Hi,

These buttons are not behaving as they do on an HP. Instead of holding the buttons down you have to click them and then the STATUS or BASE is displayed for about a second. Does anyone know if this is deliberate?

ALSO, in the bottom left corner of the display there is sometimes a strange glyph. I'll draw the shape using Xs

X
X X
X X
X X
XXX

Not always there. Appears top be random. From a full reset if I switch between HEX, DEC, OCT and BIN for example it will sometimes appear. What is this!?

Thanks
netizensmith

Re: DM16L STATUS and SHOW buttons, ALSO strange glyph

Post by netizensmith »

Hmmm, I think something is very wrong. Every time I press any key the screen blanks and then comes back when the key is released, sometimes a full width horizontal line flickers across the middle of the display just before the display comes back too. I've looked at DM15L (couldn't find any DM16 vids) and it does not behave like this.
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

netizensmith wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:22 pm
These buttons are not behaving as they do on an HP. Instead of holding the buttons down you have to click them and then the STATUS or BASE is displayed for about a second. Does anyone know if this is deliberate?
That's exactly how my HP-16C behaves. The requested display stays on-screen for about a second unless you keep the button pressed, in which case it stays until you release the button.
netizensmith wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:22 pm
ALSO, in the bottom left corner of the display there is sometimes a strange glyph. I'll draw the shape using Xs

X
X X
X X
X X
XXX

Not always there. Appears top be random. From a full reset if I switch between HEX, DEC, OCT and BIN for example it will sometimes appear. What is this!?
That's probably the "low battery" indicator.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
netizensmith

Post by netizensmith »

Thankyou. That fixed all of the issues :-)