DM15L-Benchmark startup never stops + screen metal plate rises

Forum for discussion of the DM10, DM11, DM12, DM15, DM16 and DM41 units
OlidaBel

DM15L-Benchmark startup never stops + screen metal plate rises

Post by OlidaBel »

Hi,
This happened today, I started a Benchmark on the DM15L (ON+B), then it never stopped 'running'.
I couldn't stop it with different key combinations.
After 15 min I decided to gently push a paperclip on the reset button (back side).
Hopefully I saved my last big program yesterday with the HP-15C simulator (https://hp-15c.homepage.t-online.de/content_web.htm).
Strange enough, it was not the first time I started wih a Benchmark.

I have another (annoying) issue with this DM15L, the metal plate around the screen is not well glued on the left side, sometimes I have to push it down. I think there is a lack of glue somewhere.. :?
---
Olivier
48GX, Prime G2, 50G, DM15L, DM42, 28S, HP 15c CE
reavy

Re: DM15L-Benchmark startup never stops + screen metal plate rises

Post by reavy »

I'm not sure about the never-ending benchmark.

The button overlays are known to unstick over time. Gently heating the plate, clamping it down, and letting it cool can sometimes help. Otherwise, you can remove the plate, gently clean all the adhesive and manufacturing residue, and re-stick the plate down with new adhesive tape. Additionally, SM may be able to send you a replacement with new adhesive if you ask.
sgleysti

Post by sgleysti »

I have another (annoying) issue with this DM15L, the metal plate around the screen is not well glued on the left side, sometimes I have to push it down. I think there is a lack of glue somewhere.
I saw this on my DM16L, a very recent model. The metal plate appears to be adhered with double sided tape. I ended up removing the metal plate, cleaning off all of the tape, roughing up the plastic under the plate with sandpaper, cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, and carefully using epoxy to glue the metal plate back on. That has worked so far.

I took the calculator apart before doing that so I was only working with the "top" plastic and wouldn't damage the circuit board.
Required

Post by Required »

My DM15L came with a poorly attached/glued plate and it was bent and misaligned and should never have passed the QC.
I returned it for a refund/credit.
I’m the Required one.

42S: 3117S03858 | DM42: 08455 | DM32: 00166 | 15C CE: 00085