FS: DM41L for sale? (OK to post?)

Forum for discussion of the DM10, DM11, DM12, DM15, DM16 and DM41 units
tpugsley

FS: DM41L for sale? (OK to post?)

Post by tpugsley »

Hello,

Is it OK to post items for sale on the Forums? If so, I _may_ have a DM41L for sale. Recently got the DM41X, and am now thinking about buying a DM42, but would have to sell the DM41L, or a couple Sharp PC-1500 s (eBay), or (last but not least!), my HP41CV (which I can't find any USB port on it!)

Haven't made up my mind yet, so I'm looking to see if it _would_ sell here (better than eBay, and relevant to the people here).

Tom
Panchdara

Re: FS: DM41L for sale? (OK to post?)

Post by Panchdara »

WHY????????? Are you that hard up?
rudi

Post by rudi »

Perhaps one of the administrators can make a "Classifieds" section, for registered users only?
That's very easy and will not take more than a couple of minutes to create and configure.

"Classifieds" - For sale, wanted
|
+--- "DM calculators for sale"
|
+---"DM calculators wanted"
|
+---"Other calculators"
/Rudi

DM-42 (s/n 06999), HP-42S, HP-35s, HP-11c, HP-32SII (ex HP-41CV, ex HP-75C, ex HP-48G + a lot, really lot of a accessories)
Denmark
tpugsley

Post by tpugsley »

Retired physics teacher: yes, I'm that hard up. Also, I hate to have a perfectly good calculator (DM41L) not getting used because it's basically a subset of another one (DM41X). And seriously considering selling the HP41CV for the same reason, plus with no I/O (for me), any programs on it are typed in, therefore short.

My original message was prompted by my wondering why there wasn't more 'marketing' going on here. I know these calculators are fairly new, so not much of a used market yet, but I guess I'll find it difficult to 'offload' one so that I can upgrade to another SM.
rprosperi

Post by rprosperi »

There is no problem with listing a SM machine for sale. I like Rudi's idea to set up a dedicated area for Selling/Buying/Etc which would add visibility and attract more viewers, but until this is available, go ahead and list it here.

While there's no problem with folks replying in the thread, I recommend actual business 'negotiations' be conducted offline (via PM or email) as the specifics of a sale should not be public. Also, when creating a listing, one should state where the item is (so buyers can gauge shipping costs) and if they want a certain price or if the item is for the highest bidder within some time frame, etc. Vague listings often lead to frustrated buyers.
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
tpugsley

Post by tpugsley »

Good points about posting items. I haven't officially 'posted' it yet (waiting to see how a couple of PC1500s go). When I do, I will include the shipping origin (Michigan, US) and other details, but people are certainly welcome to PM me in the meantime.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Tom