Print to pdf does not carry over colours

Please report errors, omissions, corrections and suggestions for the DM32 User Manual and the built-in Quick Reference Guide.
DA74254

Print to pdf does not carry over colours

Post by DA74254 »

Don't know if it is an issue with the Chrome print function or my PC (Win 11)
When I press "ctrl+p" for printing the document from here: https://technical.swissmicros.com/dm32/ ... anual.html
And choose "print to pdf" in the printer dialog box, the blue and orange text colours doesn't carry over. I only get bold typefont in black.
Ive ticked out for "print background colours" and top/bottom text.
Still the 163 pages .pdf only shows pictures correctly, but no coloured text or icons.
Esben
DM42 SN: 00245, WP43 Pilot SN:00002, DM32 SN: 00045 (Listed in obtained order).
BruceH

Re: Print to pdf does not carry over colours

Post by BruceH »

Same In Safari on a Mac. Printing to PDF loses any text colour e.g. section 1, About this User Manual the GTO / EQN text in row 2 of the table is black.
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

This is a problem with the HTML code and has nothing to do with the type of computer, operating system or browser that you are using. Try printing to a physical color printer, and you will have exactly the same problem.
DM15L, S/N 00548. DM42, SN: 00159. DM41X, SN: 00973. DM32, SN 00054.
Required

Post by Required »

I copy pasted everything into Apples Pages and that brought the color along but lost some math formatting instead.
Doing a export to PDF directly from Safari did keep both colors and formatting but the pages becomes emmencly long and is not that suitable either.
I’m the Required one.

42S: 3117S03858 | DM42: 08455 | DM32: 00166 | 15C CE: 00085
Emy

Post by Emy »

Several CSS properties can control how HTML prints. We've made modifications to these properties and the HTML should now print with colors.
Joe Horn

Post by Joe Horn »

Emy wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:30 pm
Several CSS properties can control how HTML prints. We've made modifications to these properties and the HTML should now print with colors.
Unfortunately, the "calculator keys" still do not print as black rectangles, and blue text still prints as black, UNLESS the "Print background graphics" is turned on in the printing options, which should not be necessary because most users never turn that option on.
pcscote

Post by pcscote »

It does. Thanks!
Tested on macOS Monterey 12.6.6, web page opened with Safari 16.5 rendered as PDF and opened in Preview 11.0.
[DM1x/DM1xL/DM41/DM41L/DM41X/DM42]
pcscote

Post by pcscote »

Joe Horn wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:41 pm
Emy wrote:
Unfortunately, the "calculator keys" still do not print as black rectangles, and blue text still prints as black, UNLESS the "Print background graphics" is turned on in the printing options, which should not be necessary because most users never turn that option on.
It must be an OS and/or browser specific issue, "Print background graphics" is off and I see the black rectangles and text in color is rendered correctly.

Edit: I just tried it with multiple browsers, it seems to be a Blink rendering engine issue (Chrome, Edge, Brave, Opera, etc), with Gecko (Firefox) and WebKit (Safari) it works.
[DM1x/DM1xL/DM41/DM41L/DM41X/DM42]
Joe Horn

Post by Joe Horn »

pcscote wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:45 pm
Joe Horn wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:41 pm
Emy wrote:
It must be an OS and/or browser specific issue, "Print background graphics" is off and I see the black rectangles and text in color is rendered correctly.
In case I wasn't clear, I was referring to how it PRINTS, not how it's rendered on a computer screen. It LOOKS just fine in Edge, but PRINTING from Edge loses some colors. If that was understood, please ignore this reply. :)
DA74254

Post by DA74254 »

If using Firefox to print .pdf, the internal hyperlinks are linking to the online .html file. The .pdf file downloaded is abt 4MB.
With Chrome, all internal links carry over and links within the downloaded .pdf. This file, however clocks in at 17MB.

This is not a "bug report", just information.
Esben
DM42 SN: 00245, WP43 Pilot SN:00002, DM32 SN: 00045 (Listed in obtained order).