"Persistent custom menu" firmware

Third parties may release their own firmware builds and announce them in this forum.

Please note that bugs found in these firmware releases should be posted in this same forum. SwissMicros provides no support for these firmware releases so in the event of a problem, please contact the author of the firmware in question.

When publishing your own build of the DM42 firmware, we require that you include a notice in your "About" screen informing the user that this version of the firmware is neither provided by nor supported by SwissMicros.
ljubo

Post by ljubo »

I have swithched to 3.18b1 (+ complex values bugfix) in my experimental "persistent custom menu" version - see https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-1 ... #pid144669 (just FYI, if one can't wait for the official fix :D )

-Ljubo
HP-15C, DM15L, HP-35S, DM42
pipedwho

Post by pipedwho »

I've loaded up ljubo's firmware and complex numbers are working again. Thomas Okken's patch definitely does the job.

I also like the concept of the custom menu as default, but since I don't have any keys set it's just blank, which makes it look a bit strange.
grsbanks

Re: "Persistent custom menu" firmware

Post by grsbanks »

ljubo wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:08 am
I have swithched to 3.18b1 (+ complex values bugfix) in my experimental "persistent custom menu" version...
If you haven't already done so could you please include a notice in your firmware's "About" screen informing the user that this firmware is neither provided by nor supported by SwissMicros.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
ljubo

Re: "Persistent custom menu" firmware

Post by ljubo »

grsbanks wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:49 pm
If you haven't already done so could you please include a notice in your firmware's "About" screen informing the user that this firmware is neither provided by nor supported by SwissMicros.
Will do that - as a first step I have added an explicit note in the download post at https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-1 ... #pid145227
HP-15C, DM15L, HP-35S, DM42