File deletion on the FAT disk

The Beta programme is where a device becomes fully formed. If you have any suggestions for features to integrate into the DM41X then feel free to make them here. We can't guarantee that they'll all end up in the final product but we'll certainly consider all sensible proposals.
HPMike

File deletion on the FAT disk

Post by HPMike »

AFAIK, the only way to delete a file on the FAT disk is to connect it to a computer and use its file manager to delete a file. Over time a lot of junk and clutter is accumulated on the FAT disk such as unneeded RAW, State, and Backup files, and it would be nice if this housekeeping could be accomplished directly from the calculator without requiring it to be connected to a computer. I envision this as an added entry to the File Menu, such as Delete DM41 State file or Delete Raw Program. I'm not such how difficult this would be to implement, but I would certainly appreciate this feature.
DM15L, S/N 00548. DM42, SN: 00159. DM41X, SN: 00973. DM32, SN 00054.
giubin

Re: File deletion on the FAT disk

Post by giubin »

I've the same request to swissmicros: nothing yet.
SwissMicros DM42
SwissMicros DM16L
HP 50g
HP 48GX
HP Prime G2
TI-89
TI-Nspire CX-II CAS
Sharp EL-506P; EL-512; EL-5020; EL-5120; PC-1360
rprosperi

Re: File deletion on the FAT disk

Post by rprosperi »

It's been discussed internally many times, in fact a full 'File Manager' has been discussed in some detail, however several issues, not the least being that one can easily do this when connected to a PC or Mac, ultimately led to a decision to not implement this. Which is not to say it will never come, but for the time being there are many more important things that are higher priority than 'would be nice to have' features like this. I mention this in detail simply to say it has not been, and will not be forgotten; we all would like features like this when using these machines.
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100