DSP mode with only 1 line

The Beta programme is where a device becomes fully formed. If you have any suggestions for features to integrate into the DM41X then feel free to make them here. We can't guarantee that they'll all end up in the final product but we'll certainly consider all sensible proposals.
bernouilli

DSP mode with only 1 line

Post by bernouilli »

I think this has already been suggested but it cannot find the post, maybe it was on another forum.

When using DSP to switch between the various display modes, there should be a mode where only 1 line is displayed, just like on a real hp41.
This because when you run some interactive programs, both the XY display and AX display aren’t satisfying. On AX display, when alpha register is shown, the Alpha register appears twice and on XY display, you can see the Y register that contains non relevant information. Same problem with the full stack display.
I would like to have a mode where only the X/Alpha register is shown with the annunciators. I would even be glad if in this mode the information on the upper side (alarms, program name etc) is not displayed.
Last edited by bernouilli on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DM15L - DM42 - DM41x
EM41

Re: DSP mode with only 1 line

Post by EM41 »

I suggested this some time ago but it was at the time that the 2 line (XY reg) mode was not available.
The 2 line mode does what I want, no alpha reg visible just an extra Y reg line.
HP41C (2x), HP41CV, HP41CX, DM41X β, DM41X, DM42, HP11C, HP48G, HP97
hpgene

Post by hpgene »

I suspect there are some poorly written game programs where the Y-register may have contained an important hint as to the answer... waiting to compare it to an number input into x.

Yes, poorly written indeed, but ...
akaTB

Post by akaTB »

hpgene wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:24 pm
I suspect there are some poorly written game programs where the Y-register may have contained an important hint as to the answer... waiting to compare it to an number input into x.

Yes, poorly written indeed, but ...
Nobody pointed out this for the DM42, or even the HP42...
Greetings,
    Massimo
ajcaton
-+×÷ left is right and right is wrong :twisted: Casted in gold
Dan Simpson

Post by Dan Simpson »

Electrical Tape works great for creating such custom display modes! :D
My Spirit animal is a Basset Hound.
My Collection: HP-55, HP-67 (Teenix Mod), HP-15C, HP-16C, HP-41CV, HP-41CX, SY41-CL (x2), DM41X (Beta), DM42, HP-42S, HP-48G, HP-71B (x2), HP-75C, HP-150.
bernouilli

Post by bernouilli »

Dan Simpson wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:05 pm
Electrical Tape works great for creating such custom display modes! :D
You’re absolutely right :-)
DM15L - DM42 - DM41x