Save ROM to MOD?

The Beta programme is where a device becomes fully formed. If you have any suggestions for features to integrate into the DM41X then feel free to make them here. We can't guarantee that they'll all end up in the final product but we'll certainly consider all sensible proposals.
MeinKuipers

Save ROM to MOD?

Post by MeinKuipers »

I may have overlooked, but I think there is no way to save a (modified) RAM page back to flash as a ROM? If that is indeed the case then that would be my feature request. Just unplugging a modified 4K RAM page does not give me an updated MOD file. Just trying to sort out a way to export ROM (or RAM) pages.
Regards from NL,
Meindert Kuipers DM41X #48
rprosperi

Re: Save ROM to MOD?

Post by rprosperi »

Interesting suggesting!

I believe several pieces of meta-data would be needed in addition to the raw 4k image in order to create the .mod file on the fly, right? What do you suggest would be the most useful 'fixed' (to be non-interactive) data to utilize? If needed, the user could later adjust these using the MLDL2K.exe utility.
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
MeinKuipers

Re: Save ROM to MOD?

Post by MeinKuipers »

I am totally fine with ROM files, that saves handling og the meta data. Otherwise an option to print or save data to a (text) file in flash/USB file system would work as well. I really love the DM41X and you guys have done a great job. What I miss is some interaction between the 41 side and the real world.
Of course I could make a little thing that intercepts the IR printing, this could actually already exist in some form.
Regards from NL,
Meindert Kuipers DM41X #48