Multiple module configurations

The Beta programme is where a device becomes fully formed. If you have any suggestions for features to integrate into the DM41X then feel free to make them here. We can't guarantee that they'll all end up in the final product but we'll certainly consider all sensible proposals.
jwhsu

Multiple module configurations

Post by jwhsu »

If I am reading the manual correctly, save/load state file commands only save memory contents, not module configurations. If this is so, I would suggest the ability to load and save multiple module configurations, similar to STOCFG/RCLCFG in the 41CL. This would allow rapid switching of different module configurations for different tasks (i.e. a math configuration, a programming configuration, a game configuration, etc...). If these are files, like “LOADMOD.TXT”, the saved configurations can persist after battery changes and firmware updates. I’m not sure how useful this would be overall, but for those users who switch among multiple module configurations, it would be a great timesaver.
DM42:00584, DM41X: 00049, DM10L:021
rprosperi

Re: Multiple module configurations

Post by rprosperi »

Yes, your understanding is correct, the state does not include the module config for several reasons, among them to retain compatibility with 41L state files.

Your suggestion to have some kind of encapsulation of the module configuration is also a good idea, and has been in the queue since before BETA release, but likely will not be in the initial production release.

Please keep the good ideas coming!
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100