Another weird multi-line editor bug [VIDEO]

Please report issues with the DM41X Beta Firmware in this sub-forum
rprosperi

Re: Another weird multi-line editor bug [VIDEO]

Post by rprosperi »

Status/feedback:

#1 - Waiting for reproducible scenario

a. Do you have f/w v2.1 installed, and all settings (CST assignments, etc.) cleared? I am getting slightly different results (cursor does not go to last line), which don't affect the reported issue, but they should behave the same.
b. When I reproduce this, upon pressing shift after moving cursor to the top, the highlight does NOT go to the last line, it remains on line 0. Nevertheless, following your example, when you complete the LBL _ _ instruction, the new label appears as line 02, in the proper place. As explained, this is an artifact of how the multi-line editor interacts with the ROM OS editor, and cannot be avoided. You can choose to call this a bug, or whatever, but it almost certainly will not change. In the middle of entering a single command, if you pause to examine the screen, it does indeed appear odd, but once completing that command, appearance and state are correct.

3. This has been confirmed and will be corrected in a future 41X release. None are planned at the moment, but this issue will be included when that does happen.

Thanks again for the reports! :)
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
Boub65

Re: Another weird multi-line editor bug [VIDEO]

Post by Boub65 »

Bob hello again.
For #2, do the scenario a few times... and you will reproduce the bug.
The bug = instead of going to line 02 (just after line 01) it goes to last line, what ever is the last line is and append at the end.
I will post a new video that goes until the instruction is inserted at the end.

But I am sure that #2 and #3 are exactly the same bug.

"Just do it" until it happens...
I have f/w 2.1
Sincèrement, Sincerely, 73,
Boubker

DM15L, DM41L, DM42 #00855 (domes upgraded), DM41X #00707
HP48SX (with dark screen), HP42s, HP32SII (1990 with fraction bug), HP41C/CV
TI-89 titanium, CASIO fx-cg50 and Numworks (to play with micropython)