First of all - I really appreciate the mult-line mode (MLM) in the DM41X, and the huge effort to implement this given the prerequisites!
Enter the following little program:
Code: Select all
01 LBL "CG" 02 10 03 ENTER^ 04 ":" 05 ASTO X 06 LBL 00 07 DSE Y 08 GTO 00 09 RTN
1. Press [DSP] until full stack (x,y,z, and t) is shown
2. XEQ "CG" and watch the catch
3. CAT 1 -- goose is gone and probably replaced by a digit
4. [ENTER] [ENTER] -- duplicate string (the digit is gone)
5. 1 [EEX] 88 -- notice how the underscore and then the last digit is shown in y-reg
6. [x<>y] -- notice how the digit now moves to z-reg
Again, this is not a bug in the MLM, but rather a bug in the 41 ROM (explained in PPC V10N7P19), where the 41 is not updating the display correcly if the content is a string beginning with a punctation.
I don't mind the effects this have on the MLM, I think it is doing its best to keep the originality of the 41 ...
Or maybe I should refresh my MCODE knowledge and patch the ROM ...
Keep up the good work!