Please report issues with the DM41X Beta Firmware in this sub-forum
TwoWeims

Re: Hepax Help

Post by TwoWeims »

Ángel Martin wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:06 pm
TwoWeims wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:08 am
Yes. It is the Prompt Lengthener from Angel's OSX Module. It is supposed to work with GTO, LBL and a few others according to the manual.
Mine only works on XEQ as well... All others just turn the calculator off.

My 41CL is doing the same thing.
Interesting, the prompt lengthener works flawlessly on my system for all native prompting functions, I wonder why not so for you guys. I'm using the MOD files form the shared ZIP container so that should not be a difference.

one thing to try is using the "_P6" version of the OS/X module, it's possible that the CALC_OFF event is intercepted by other modules "upstream" before getting to the OS/X.
I get the same behavior with the Page 6 Version. XEQ works but all the others just seem to execute OFF.
rprosperi

Post by rprosperi »

FYI - All (XEQ, LBL, GTO) prompt lengtheners work on my setup, which is as follows (order seen in AM screen):

AMC OS/X - 4P7
Library#4 Rev 50 (note this is NOT the new one from earlier this week that fixed the issue losing/creating Key Assignments)
Thermal Printer
Modified HEPAX_4H+
Warp_Core BS++

All modules are built-in or from the .zip set released 27 Feb.
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
TwoWeims

Post by TwoWeims »

rprosperi wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:31 am
FYI - All (XEQ, LBL, GTO) prompt lengtheners work on my setup, which is as follows (order seen in AM screen):

AMC OS/X - 4P7
Library#4 Rev 50 (note this is NOT the new one from earlier this week that fixed the issue losing/creating Key Assignments)
Thermal Printer
Modified HEPAX_4H+
Warp_Core BS++

All modules are built-in or from the .zip set released 27 Feb.
When I duplicate your setup it works.
When I plug SandMath back in it breaks it.
Ángel Martin

Post by Ángel Martin »

TwoWeims wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:12 am
This is good troubleshooting information - I can also see this issue, amazing corner case. I traced the code and found where things fail, but so far I have no clue why this is happening! Will need a few days to understand this, so I'm afraid in the mean time you will have to refrain from using all those 3-digit GTO's and LBL's ;-)

ÁM
akaTB

Post by akaTB »

Ángel Martin wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:40 am
TwoWeims wrote:
This is good troubleshooting information - I can also see this issue, amazing corner case. I traced the code and found where things fail, but so far I have no clue why this is happening! Will need a few days to understand this, so I'm afraid in the mean time you will have to refrain from using all those 3-digit GTO's and LBL's ;-)

ÁM
Thank you. Surely no problem on my side since I just discovered the prompt lengtheners... :mrgreen:
Greetings,
    Massimo
ajcaton
-+×÷ left is right and right is wrong :twisted: Casted in gold
TwoWeims

Post by TwoWeims »

Ángel Martin wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:40 am
TwoWeims wrote:

ÁM
Yes, Thank you Ángel. I also rarely use this feature. The DM41X Beta test period is motivating me to try things that I don't normally do just to see what happens. Thank you for all your excellent work!
rprosperi

Post by rprosperi »

Good news! Working together, we've figured out how to identify, duplicate, track down, and find the source of a bug for a feature we never use, and hardly care about, but we all feel better that we helped to get this done. Software testing is such an odd passtime.....
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
akaTB

Post by akaTB »

rprosperi wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Good news! Working together, we've figured out how to identify, duplicate, track down, and find the source of a bug for a feature we never use, and hardly care about, but we all feel better that we helped to get this done. Software testing is such an odd passtime.....
Lol!
Greetings,
    Massimo
ajcaton
-+×÷ left is right and right is wrong :twisted: Casted in gold
TwoWeims

Post by TwoWeims »

rprosperi wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:40 pm
What could be better? Working together and having fun doing it.