DM41X: Missing Memory?

Please report issues with the DM41X Beta Firmware in this sub-forum
tpugsley

DM41X: Missing Memory?

Post by tpugsley »

Got it! (Orig message below)

Evidently, in all my messing around trying to understand and generate RAW files from my DM41"L" ==> Programming Tool ==> Free42/V41 ==> Export Raw, I ended up with one or two 'corrupt' RAW files. It seems (to me, anyways) that they tied up a LOT of memory, without it being accounted for in the "Free MEM" reading.

I made two new RAW files for my program (a digital hexadecimal clock), exported them from Free42, and now they load with no problem and I can max out SIZE afterwards properly. All the numbers add up, and make sense.

Newbie problems. Still a long way to go.

Thanks in advance/reverse for any help that was on its way!

Tom

Hello,

I just received my DM41X the other day and am having trouble with memory. I have loaded two programs into it via RAW files. They are small: 51 and 35 lines. To get them both to load, I had to set SIZE to 50 or less. After they are both in main memory, I can't set SIZE larger than about 95, even though Free MEM shows 206/572. With no programs, and SIZE set to 100, I could load only one program; trying to load the 2nd program would give "Try Again". It SEEMS like I'm missing a bunch of memory. (I know, "I" am, but the calculator also.)

When I SAVEP each program to Xmem, their sizes are P009 and P016 (+/- 1), so they ARE small programs.

I have installed the same programs on my DM41"L", V41, and Free42, and the memory numbers on those all seem normal: once the programs are in, I can max out SIZE to the limit of remaining registers.

I have used the RESET button on the back. I have reinstalled the current firmware (3.20). No change.

I am new to the DM41"X", and it's use of modules etc., so I'm hoping this is a newbie configuration mistake, or something I have missed in the Forums. Hopefully not a hardware problem.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom
Peet

Re: DM41X: Missing Memory?

Post by Peet »

You have RAW-Files that do not seem compatible with the DM41X or maybe broken ones. I don't really understand your "question" (is there even one?).
My programmable calculators - former: CBM PR100, HP41CV, HP28S, HP11C - current: HP48G(256kB), HP35S, Prime, DM41X, DM42