New DM 41X issue

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM41X calculator
amitor

New DM 41X issue

Post by amitor »

Just received my DM 41X today, and having some major issues. The screen will glitch (will blank out a part of it) every so often, sometimes part of the status bar will blink on and off, etc. Finally, trying USB drive mode, it will be recognized for few seconds, then disappear for few seconds, time and time again. Battery shows 1 bar down from full.

I used the bootloader to update it, which was successful, but it didn't change anything. Is there anything else I can try? My DM 42 is rock solid, this thing not so much...
rprosperi

Re: New DM 41X issue

Post by rprosperi »

Open the case and ensure the small ribbon cable connection for the LCD screen to the main board (located at the top) is fully inserted and the small clip is in tight, holding it in place, it may have loosened during shipment; this is rare, but it has happened a few times. This clip is the type where it slides out to loosen and allow the flat cable to be fully inserted and then the clip is tightened by pushing it back towards the board.

Also, try inserting a new battery (CR2032, use a quality brand, I recommend Energizer) and ensure the battery status shows all the way full.

After checking these, please come back and report on success.
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
amitor

Post by amitor »

I have removed the connector and reinserted it, and changed the battery to a new one. Unfortunately the behavior remains the same...
rprosperi

Post by rprosperi »

Sorry the problem remains, it may well be a defect in this unit.

Please contact Michael via michael@swissmicros.com and explain the symptoms, and also list these things you tried with no success. He may have other suggestions but if not, he will help you to replace the unit.

Good luck, thanks for your patience.
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100