What tools for Module developing

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM41X calculator
danielCL

What tools for Module developing

Post by danielCL »

Hi Dear All

I am getting a DM41x and it's on its way. I am wondering what programming language( assembly language from what I searched) and SDK to develop my own module? Any documentation I can learn from? Appreciate!

Regards
Daniel
Peet

Re: What tools for Module developing

Post by Peet »

Many Modules (e.g. most of the original HP) contains only FOCAL (keystroke) programs, no MCODE/ASM needed.
There some RAM-Modules like HEPAX or RAMbox that can be filled with normal FOCAL programs from the user.

A good documentation to start with are the manuals from the HEPAX Module.

Meindert Kuipers published an amazing tool (a windows program) with which you can convert content from RAM-Modules into stand-alone .MODs.
viewtopic.php?p=19107#p19107
My programmable calculators - former: CBM PR100, HP41CV, HP28S, HP11C - current: HP48G(256kB), HP35S, Prime, DM41X, DM42
danielCL

Re: What tools for Module developing

Post by danielCL »

Peet wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:41 am
Many Modules (e.g. most of the original HP) contains only FOCAL (keystroke) programs, no MCODE/ASM needed.
There some RAM-Modules like HEPAX or RAMbox that can be filled with normal FOCAL programs from the user.

A good documentation to start with are the manuals from the HEPAX Module.

Meindert Kuipers published an amazing tool (a windows program) with which you can convert content from RAM-Modules into stand-alone .MODs.
viewtopic.php?p=19107#p19107
Thank you!