Some questions

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM41X calculator
edward

Some questions

Post by edward »

OK my main calculator is an HP 28S so a little lost with the 41X at the moment!
My main use is Linear Algebra. The 28S is great but it has not inbuilt eigen stuff (unlike the 48 series) and I don't like entering long progs on the device as it is very temperamental nowadays.

Linear Algebra:
Can anyone recommend a good module that has inbuilt eigenvalues/vector calculation. Would be very useful.

Functions within a module.
Can I catalog individual functions within a module? CAT 2 seems just to list the imported modules.

Font.
Great if can be the same as my 15L where I can change fonts ))) I realize this "font" is true to 41 series form but the ability to go rogue on the display would be great given its resolution.

Also:
Modules Folder got corrupted (was not seen as a directory but a zero byte file) so I deleted it and recreated and uploaded Mod files - all was OK. However the USB freezes (loses the mount) with Ubuntu 18.04 sometimes... however I think I'll only ever use the USB rarely so not an issue.

Thanks!
Ed
HP 28S, DM 41X
JurgenRo

Re: Some questions

Post by JurgenRo »

Functions within a module.
Can I catalog individual functions within a module? CAT 2 seems just to list the imported modules.
Run catalog 2 -> R/S when the module you're interest in is displayed ->ENTER (lists all the functions in the module) -> R/S (stops the listing of functions) -> SST or BST to inspect the functions one by one.
Can anyone recommend a good module that has inbuilt eigenvalues/vector calculation. Would be very useful.
The Advantage modul has LA functions (Vector-, Matrix-calculations). But I'm not sure if if it has functions for eigenvalues/vector calculation implemented.
PierreMengisen

Post by PierreMengisen »

edward wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:03 pm
Linear Algebra:
Can anyone recommend a good module that has inbuilt eigenvalues/vector calculation
You should use SNDMATRX4_BS.MOD from ÀM https://technical.swissmicros.com/dm41x ... Latest.zip
For the documentation http://www.hp41.org/LibView.cfm?Command ... temID=1162
Salutations
Pierre
[TI59 with PC100C; TI-84 Plus CE-T; HP41CV with HP IL loop & 2*82161A DCD & 82162 TP; HP15C; HP28S; DM41; DM41L; DM42; DM41X]
cdmackay

Post by cdmackay »

edward wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:03 pm
Modules Folder got corrupted (was not seen as a directory but a zero byte file) so I deleted it and recreated and uploaded Mod files - all was OK. However the USB freezes (loses the mount) with Ubuntu 18.04 sometimes... however I think I'll only ever use the USB rarely so not an issue.
hi Ed,

see some other threads where cables have been discussed: the DM42 & DM41X have a USB connector that is slightly obstructed by the plastic case.

Since not all micro-USB cables are the same, it's possible that if you use a cable with a shorter connector, it may not make good contact with the calculator. And if this happens whilst you have the FAT disk mounted on your computer, which is likely, it's quite common for it to get corrupted. I've had this happen on a few occasions.

I recommend looking through your cables, comparing the lengths of the metal connector, and choosing one with the longest, and reserving that for DM42/41X use.
Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R
edward

Post by edward »

Appreciate the replies, have been useful!

The Catalog hint was very useful as was the cable advice...

Installed SNDMATRX4_BS.MOD, thanks!

Ed

Edited to say: Also many thanks Ángel !!
HP 28S, DM 41X