Recent posts (Troubling)

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM41X calculator
c0rpse

Re: Recent posts (Troubling)

Post by c0rpse »

Walter wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:12 pm
I think what caused that person becoming banned was it didn't have any positive record built up before complaining.
I understand having some type of positive past record on an enthusiast forum like MoHP, but from my point of view one of the reasons for having a manufacturer forum is to provide direct feedback to the manufacturer, positive or negative.
Walter

Post by Walter »

c0rpse wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:33 pm
Walter wrote:
I think what caused that person becoming banned was it didn't have any positive record built up before complaining.
I understand having some type of positive past record on an enthusiast forum like MoHP, but from my point of view one of the reasons for having a manufacturer forum is to provide direct feedback to the manufacturer, positive or negative.
I concur but we're all only humans - and quickly killing messengers bringing bad news has a very long tradition. ;)

And regarding MoHPC, even a long positive past record won't save you there if you dare to post an un-American opinion (I can tell you). :shock: But that's another story playing out of Europe, far away from the cradle of democracy.
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
akaTB

Post by akaTB »

Walter wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:48 pm
I concur but we're all only humans - and quickly killing messengers bringing bad news has a very long tradition. ;)
Est modus in rebus. Always.
Walter wrote:
And regarding MoHPC, even a long positive past record won't save you there if you dare to post an un-American opinion (I can tell you). :shock: But that's another story playing out of Europe, far away from the cradle of democracy.
Moderator, please nuke Walter from here too... :mrgreen:
Greetings,
    Massimo
ajcaton
-+×÷ left is right and right is wrong :twisted: Casted in gold
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

c0rpse wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:33 pm
Walter wrote:
This went well beyond providing negative feedback to the manufacturer (SwissMicros), and involved attacks on forum members and contributors, and a generally very obnoxious self-agrandizing attitude. I and others have politely complained to SM at times, and so far I have not been punished for this.
DM15L, S/N 00548. DM42, SN: 00159. DM41X, SN: 00973. DM32, SN 00054.
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

akaTB wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:55 pm
Walter wrote:
Moderator, please nuke Walter from here too... :mrgreen:
One could only hope. :lol:
DM15L, S/N 00548. DM42, SN: 00159. DM41X, SN: 00973. DM32, SN 00054.
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

I'm watching.....
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
Walter

Post by Walter »

grsbanks wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:57 pm
I'm watching.....
Don't you try competing with those admins from the Southwest of God's own country. Civilisation came there some centuries later than to good ol' Europe
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

Walter wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:05 pm
Don't you try competing with those admins from the Southwest of God's own country. Civilisation came there some centuries later than to good ol' Europe
I disagree.

Native American civilisation had been around for milennia before the Mayflower landed. Just because their civilisation held different values to European civilisation doesn't mean that it wasn't a civilisation.

And yes, I did remove yet another insult to people left of the pond.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
Walter

Post by Walter »

grsbanks wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:05 pm
Walter wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:05 pm
I disagree.

Native American civilisation had been around for milennia before the Mayflower landed. Just because their civilisation held different values to European civilisation doesn't mean that it wasn't a civilisation.

And yes, I did remove yet another insult to people left of the pond.
Ok, I admit my attempt was too quick and easy. Thus, please allow me to elaborate a bit:

I concur with your statement about early American history. Alas, these native American civilisations (NAC) you mention were erased quite entirely by those first class Europeans who went to America for various reasons between 1492 and 18xx. What wiped out NAC was not 'higher' civilisation but better weapons, new diseases, and greater unscrupulousness (evidence can be provided at request). You can call that a civilisation interrupt. Thus, you will hardly find any major link to NAC in the Southwest of God's own country nowadays but what evolved from what I mentioned in the penultimate sentence. This triggered (sic!) my doubts of civilisation you kindly deleted in your wisdom.

Enough reasons for feeling happier with a forum based in Europe.
H2X

Post by H2X »

Walter wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:16 pm
Alas, these native American civilisations (NAC) you mention were erased quite entirely by those first class Europeans who went to America for various reasons between 1492 and 18xx. What wiped out NAC was not 'higher' civilisation but better weapons, new diseases, and greater unscrupulousness (evidence can be provided at request). You can call that a civilisation interrupt.
A fact which I truly regret, and find neither becoming nor indicative of civilized conduct on our (Europe's) part.
What is the metric tensor in imperial units?