WP34S for the DM42

This area is for discussion about these families of custom high-end Scientific Calculator applications for SwissMicros devices.
Nigel (UK)

Re: WP34S for the DM42

Post by Nigel (UK) »

No new features but a bug fix: I discovered the other day that the battery-saving optimisations that were introduced last year (!) broke the stopwatch display. This is now fixed: updated .pgm files can be found in the usual place (i.e., https://gitlab.com/njdowrick/wp34s-for- ... ster/build).

Nigel (UK)
Feierabend

Post by Feierabend »

Thank you for this useful port! I found something I cannot explain, which may be a bug. I use wp34s_top. When I updated to the latest version, typing GTO.. did not work anymore. On typing the first dot after the GTO command, the app displayed "No such label". I had to go back to v121 for it to work (but this version still shows "Can't open" when run).
Nigel (UK)

Post by Nigel (UK) »

It is indeed a bug, introduced by me when tidying the code. There were other problems with GTO. as well; now hopefully banished again. Thank you for pointing this out.

The "can't open" error message refers to the calculator trying and failing to open either the RAM file, the backup file, or the library file as it starts up. These might have become corrupted or have disappeared. If they still exist you could send them to me in a pm and I could try to see what the problem is, if you like.

For other WP34S users: apart from occasional bug fixes (and new bugs!), new features include the ability to enter as many digits in integer modes as the word size allows; no longer is the limit set at 12. Also, the decimal-to-fraction code has been updated to improve its performance, as with the C47, although the algorithm I'm using is different. Both of these new features are also on the physical WP34S, so if you have one of those you might like to update it as well.

Any more bug reports (or questions) gratefully received!

Nigel (UK)
Walter

Post by Walter »

Thank you, Nigel, for maintaining the WP 34S! Since Marcus can't devote any time for it anymore, you're the master of the builds. :D

BTW, the improved fraction handling is implemented on the WP43 as well. We're not so far away from each other. ;)
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
Nigel (UK)

Post by Nigel (UK) »

My pleasure! And thank you, and Marcus, and Paul, and all the others, for making such a great calculator in the first place.

Nigel (UK)