Custom soft menu display and Larger fonts possible?

This is where developers can exchange ideas and ask questions relevant to the DM42 firmware.

Please note that Swiss Micros staff are unable to provide answers here as a general rule. This is intended as a community-driven forum.
c0rpse

Custom soft menu display and Larger fonts possible?

Post by c0rpse »

Does anyone with a bit of experience in tweaking the DM42 firmware know if either of these are possible?

I want to make a custom soft menu dislplay that matches the old school font, and makes the boxes a little taller.
This seems possible by defining my own versions of the "lcd_draw_menu" functions using some of the graphics functions. Then replacing the library
function calls with my own.

Larger fonts are self explanatory but as far as I can tell don't seem possible? Has anyone tried larger font numbers than "lcd_nextFontNr" will return?
c0rpse

Re: Custom soft menu display and Larger fonts possible?

Post by c0rpse »

I realized that there are examples of solutions to these in the C43/43C project on github.

I also now see that size 4 is the widest the font can be and still fit the 15/16 characters to match FREE42 / 42s. This also explains why size 5 only stretches vertically.