Great, I like it !
It's ok for me as it is, but I'm not using YDOFF a lot...
My fault, I have not clearly explained the issue, so lets try again.
- Enter Alpha mode and do CLα
- Enter "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST", the displays shows: "DEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST"
- Press Up_Arrow, the displays shows: "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQ" as expected
- Now let say you want to take a screenshot and press Shift , this scrolls the display to the right and adds a small f at the end of string, so you cannot take a screenshot showing the beginning of the Alpha register, you always capture the end of the Alpha register
- On the WP34S, it's different: enter "ABCDEFGHIJKL", the display shows "BCDEFGHIJKL", press Up_Arrow, the displays shows "ABCDEFGHIJK", now if you press f, g or h, the display doesn't scroll to the right and you don't see the f, g or h annunciator
- Enter "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQ", this fills up the Alpha display
- Press "R", the display scrolls by one character and shows "BCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQR", here the Up_Arrow is not working, and doesn't show the beginning of the string as expected
- Press "S", the display scrolls again by one character and shows "CDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRS", the Up_Arrow is still not working, and doesn't show the beginning of the string as expected
- Press "T", the display scrolls again by one character and shows "DEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST", and now the Up_Arrow is working, and shows "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQ" as expected
Now that there is a dedicated area for the annunciators, the date mode settings m.dy and y.md can be indicated even when YDON is set, at the difference of the WP 34S.
Also the big G for Grad in this alpha area looks strange as we have RAD and 360 on the right as dedicated annunciators, but I understand why you want to keep compatibility with the 34S.
Yes they are, when trying to save a program without a global label I get now an error message: "No such label".
I was going to propose something similar for INPUT, RCL and 360. For STO as it indicates the programming mode I would propose PRGM (or PRG to stick with 3 letters) and I would not change RPN as it is referenced several times in the 34S manual, and I don't think KEY provides any better insight but I may be missing something here.