C47 template

This area is for discussion about these families of custom high-end Scientific Calculator applications for SwissMicros devices.
BruceH

C47 template

Post by BruceH »

Sorry to sound so demanding but can I ask that the next version of the C47 facelate be amended slightly please?

Firstly, cutting out a printed faceplate from the paper would be easier if the image had a 2mm bleed beyond the crop marks. I assume most people will use a craft knife to cut along a steel rule aligned with the crop marks? A small bleed avoids the situation where a micrometre thin strip of white shows because the rule wasn't aligned perfectly.

Secondly, some of the keys on the second page have a black top border. The T, U, V, W row shows it most prominently and I'm guessing that it's because the second page was created by overlaying white rectangles in a graphics package? If that's the case then I can (probably!) programmatically generate a new version of page 2 if someone can supply a bleed version of page 1, which should mean a more accurate placement.
RJvM

Re: C47 template

Post by RJvM »

Thanks for the comments. Please take a look in the thread about the C43 bezel, somewhere below this thread. We are preparing a professionally produced overlay for C47, which is an intensive undertaking. We are expecting to be able to share more info in the coming weeks and months.
Robbert Jan, MSEE, RPN user since 1976 and a collector for many years I now own all the important ones: HP-35, 45, 55, 65, 97, 19, 21, 25, 34, 10-16, 41, 42, 71, 48, 50, Prime, DM41, DM42, WP43, C47, R47; Project 47 team member https://47calc.com