Swiss Micros Packaging

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
anetzer

Swiss Micros Packaging

Post by anetzer »

Just wanted to get this off my heart:

I received a new DM41X today (gifted my former one as christmas present to an HP-41 user of old).

I was totally delighted by the packaging that SwissMicors is now using! All paper, no plastic; big kudos for that. Fits perfectly into those sturdy little boxes that they have always used for shipping and has really nice folding and closing flaps.

And there would even be room to fit a short USB cable with extra long Micro connector. But no that was not included, which is a sensible choice. However it might be a nice order option, way more needful than selling CR2032 batteries from the company store.

No, I won't be sharing photos: Just buy yourself a new DM4x so that they run out of stock and change the whole line-up to USB-C by, say, july!
RJvM

Re: Swiss Micros Packaging

Post by RJvM »

Very nice! I love my 41X.
I have good experience with a USB cable with 90° corner at the micro connector side, fits perfectly and is more convenient as well
Robbert Jan, MSEE, RPN user since 1976 and a collector for many years I now own all the important ones: HP-35, 45, 55, 65, 97, 19, 21, 25, 34, 10-16, 41, 42, 71, 48, 50, Prime, DM41, DM42, WP43, C47, R47; Project 47 team member https://47calc.com
blinkenjim

Re: Swiss Micros Packaging

Post by blinkenjim »

anetzer wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:33 pm
I was totally delighted by the packaging that SwissMicors is now using! All paper, no plastic; big kudos for that. Fits perfectly into those sturdy little boxes that they have always used for shipping and has really nice folding and closing flaps.
I received my new DM42 today, and I had the same thought. Such nice packaging, and not just because it’s paper; it’s attractive, efficient, and just a pleasure to open. It’s positively Apple-esque.