Review of the DM15L

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
gomefun2

Review of the DM15L

Post by gomefun2 »

I thought I lost my DM42. But it turns out, I just misplaced it in my new vehicle on the way to work. So I bought a DM15L and an HP 12C to replace the misplaced DM42.

Well anyway, I found my DM42 today (after like 5 weeks), the same day I got my new DM 15L in the mail.

Anyway, I really like all three calculators about evenly. (The buttons may be slightly ever so better on the HP, but, I'm so used to my DM42, that this doesn't bother me at all).

The packaging was pretty good on the DM15L.

My dm42 slides a bit easier out of its case than my new HP12C and DM15L, but that's probably because it's been used a lot more.

Overall, pretty good product, and good if you want a calculator that doesn't involve too many menus.

I really was not planning to buy another calculator until the DM43, but I really did think I lost my DM42, so eh. I do math all day at my job, so there are worse things in life I suppose.

I will also buy the dm43 at some point probably...
redglyph

Re: Review of the DM15L

Post by redglyph »

Hum, not really a full review of the DM15L ;) But yes, it's a solid calculator. I have a few from Swissmicros and it's the only one that I find robust. The first series, the DM15 not "L" was more a fun gadget than a calculator, and the DM42 has this very unfortunate hardware problem with the keyboard which was never solved, so I cannot use it and it's another (very expensive!) gadget to me. I never bought the DM41 because of this, although they might have solved the problem on that model (I'm really not sure about that, better check first).

The DM15L on the other hand is fine. I only had the USB connector issue, which is too deep in the case and required me to cut into an USB plug so it could make a good contact, but it's not a big deal. If I had to advise one product from SM, it would be that one. :)