3D printing a calculator stand

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
CalcFreak

Re: 3D printing a calculator stand

Post by CalcFreak »

The second item you sent me had a descending portion of open area (Charlemagne) that came to a point below level of corners. I cut, filed, sanded, and painted it. I knew it was a second and only mentioned it to compare to the item you sold as good.

I did the best I could with my potato camera to depict the good Voyager stand while sitting flat on a desk - a side view showing the left side warp, a right side view, and a front view showing the left side warp. Due to three pics max per post, the front view is in the next post.
Attachments
Side view.jpg
Side view.jpg (168.02 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
Right side.jpg
Right side.jpg (117.5 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
Left side.jpg
Left side.jpg (98.48 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
Last edited by CalcFreak on Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
CalcFreak

Post by CalcFreak »

Front view attached.

I provided these only because you portrayed it as impossible for you to have sent a defective item. There was no shipping damage unless the temperature inside the shipping box went above 400°C.

I do not want a refund. Please do not send it. I'm done with this now.
Attachments
Front view.jpg
Front view.jpg (113.79 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
Dan Simpson

Post by Dan Simpson »

That looks like it melted. Was the package sitting outside for a while down in Mesa by chance?
Actually, PLA will melt at much lower temperatures.

It definitely is impossible that I sent it that way. I have the rest of the batch here and none of them are warped.
It could have been riding around in a USPS truck all day next to a window.

I will be in Phoenix on August 5 and 6 and would be happy to hand deliver replacements to you.

Why do you assume malice on my part when I have been trying to make it right all along.
I even shipped these back to you after you put the wrong address on the order.
My Collection: HP-55, HP-67 (Teenix Mod), HP-15C, HP-16C, HP-41CV, HP-41CX, SY41-CL, DM41X, DM42, HP-42S, HP-48G, HP-71B, HP-75C, HP-86B.
CalcFreak

Post by CalcFreak »

I didn't assume "malice" at all, just a mistake. I now see you are a vendor to avoid. I DO NOT WANT A REPLACEMENT; I DO NOT WANT A REFUND. Is that clear enough?

Moderators: if you feel I've been out of line, please delete everything I've posted. I don't want a bunch of hurt feelings here.
rudi

Post by rudi »

CalcFreak wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:44 am
I didn't assume "malice" at all, just a mistake. I now see you are a vendor to avoid. I DO NOT WANT A REPLACEMENT; I DO NOT WANT A REFUND. Is that clear enough?

Moderators: if you feel I've been out of line, please delete everything I've posted. I don't want a bunch of hurt feelings here.
I would appreciate you made your own topic for all you outbursts, in stead of flooding my topic.

I’ve been in contact with Dan Simpson a few weeks back, and can vouch for him. I don’t really understand why you keep on, even when Dan offers to hand you over replacements personally?

Moderators, can you please move the posts from CalcFreak out of this topic to it’s own.
You have to use the “Split topic” option (only available for admins and moderators), that only takes a few seconds to perform.
/Rudi

DM-42 (s/n 06999), HP-42S, HP-35s, HP-11c, HP-32SII (ex HP-41CV, ex HP-75C, ex HP-48G + a lot, really lot of a accessories)
Denmark
CalcFreak

Post by CalcFreak »

Outbursts? I responded directly on topic to your initial post about his offerings. Apparently you only value opinions that agree with your own.

All of my posts after my initial one were replies to the vendor. Those included pictures he specifically requested after he said it was impossible for the item to have been shipped the way I claimed it to be. Then, when he saw it was the way I said it was, he offered an explanation, which may be correct.

In any case, I consider it to be a settled matter. And as I said before, the moderators can delete all of my comments in "your" thread if they want.
rudi

Post by rudi »

Just got my version of the stand today, and it looks and feels very good.

I’m considering giving it some spray filler and wet-sand it to give it a spray color.
Thanks for the help with this Dan Simpson 👍

/Rudi

DM-42 (s/n 06999), HP-42S, HP-35s, HP-11c, HP-32SII (ex HP-41CV, ex HP-75C, ex HP-48G + a lot, really lot of a accessories)
Denmark
rudi

Post by rudi »

I added some anti-friction-rubber-pads (what are they called?), could only get theese transparant ones, will look for black ones.

Image Image

And here is where it sits most of the time, in the stand on my working desk.
It is really convenient to use it from where it is on this picture, the tilt makes it easy to operate without having to grab it and place it right in front of you. I can really recomend this product from @Dan Simpson / HP4171:
https://hp4171.com/shop/ols/products/hp ... LC-STN-MRB
... or find something similar on thingiverse
/Rudi

Denmark
Walter

Post by Walter »

rudi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:01 am
I added some anti-friction-rubber-pads ...
Hmmh, these are actually pro-friction... :geek:
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
rudi

Post by rudi »

Walter wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:18 am
rudi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:01 am
I added some anti-friction-rubber-pads ...
Hmmh, these are actually pro-friction... :geek:
Yes - offcourse, antislide/antiskid it is then?
/Rudi

Denmark