hassle-free purchase in EU?

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
vaklaff

hassle-free purchase in EU?

Post by vaklaff »

Hello

This is probably a question to SM but maybe it will be useful to marinate it in the forum...

If an EU citizens buys directly from SM, the package goes through tax and customs processing in the target country which can be slow and cumbersome, with back-and-forths with local authorities. Back in the days when that was an option, I bought two calculators through amazon.de, the shipment was fast and completely hassle-free. Later I bought two calculators directly, one slipped through the cracks and I got it immediately but the other one was hit by the red tape.

The tax+customs hassle is what discourages me from further purchases. To be clear I don't mind paying them, what I would like to see is a distributor in EU that takes care of them. Would it be possible to buy hassle-free again from European Amazon? Or maybe SM could partner with MORAVIA Consulting which is taking over HP calculators? The two offerings seem to be complementary, not competing...
NPHighview

Re: hassle-free purchase in EU?

Post by NPHighview »

Is it possible to buy one direct from SM by travelling to Zürich and knocking on the door?