"0<?" instruction?!

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
jwiede

"0<?" instruction?!

Post by jwiede »

Okay, fairly new at HP41/42s programming, so this is likely an extreme n00b error, mea culpa in advance...

I keep encountering programs containing a "0<?" instruction, see line 20 of the program mentioned here for an example usage.

I get that this is likely just a variant of the "new" comparison instructions, but it must be either always called by another name, or is a "secret instruction" that isn't discussed in manuals, because I cannot find that instruction described anywhere (but can find all the other "new" comparison instructions mentioned).

So, is it known by another name in manuals? If not, can someone please point me to where it is detailed in a reference for use?

Thanks!
DM42, DM16L, and a menagerie of HPs thanks to CAS (Calc Acq Syndrome)!
Thomas Okken

Re: "0<?" instruction?!

Post by Thomas Okken »

Those functions are fairly new, I added them to Free42 earlier this year, in version 3.0.1 that was released on March 4th. They are mentioned on the Free42 web site, at the end of the Programming Utilities section: https://thomasokken.com/free42/#programming
jwiede

Re: "0<?" instruction?!

Post by jwiede »

Thanks so much, Thomas (for everything, not just this info)!!

It's been like an itch in my brain, was certain it was something obvious I was missing, and ofc, too short for forum search, etc. to find it.
DM42, DM16L, and a menagerie of HPs thanks to CAS (Calc Acq Syndrome)!