Support-Quality-Warranty

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
Gnimelf

Support-Quality-Warranty

Post by Gnimelf »

Hi

First I am not bitching and realize that SM is a small company with a big interesting vision, which I support.

I was just about to order a DM42 when I noticed that my recently purchased DM41L has a "disappearing alpha keyboard." I have no idea how many units SM is shipping but my s/n is 01109.

1) Is this a common problem with all their products? or unique to "L" series? I do see issues with the "yellow" coming off on the Flagship Series.

2) I sent a note to "Support" but received no reply or receipt acknowledgment.

3) Their return policy is that you have to first contact them. Without two way communication is that "notify" them then return?

4) Again I realize they are small and busy. I want to support them but at the same time I would like my issue on their list, and know it is on their list. It really isn't a big deal but I can't further feed my SM habit until a path to resolution is defined.

I am a partner in a small tech company and while we are slammed until January...after that I may offer to put up a ticketing system for them so that customer issues get acknowledged and they have a way to manage the tickets. This isn't saying they don't have that now, but at present it isn't acknowledging support submissions.

Cheers - Bill
Cheers - Bill Fleming
atreiooo

Re: Support-Quality-Warranty

Post by atreiooo »

Hello,

does the SwissMicros Support Service still function?

Over the years I have purchased two DM42s (and some other units) that I use one at home and one in the office.
One of these two has been unusable for some months because it consumes the battery very quickly, ie in 2 or 3 days.

I wrote several times to "Support" and once I received an answer asking me to send an internal photo of the unit (was the serial number not enough?); sent the photo, I have not received any news about it, despite repeated requests for assistance.

I work in a small company and the request of any customer, small or large, is never left unanswered; I suspect SissMicros has a big problem going on, don't you think?

Best regards to all