Shipments and Tracking

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
HPMike

Re: Shipments and Tracking

Post by HPMike »

SM is shipping me a replacement PCB for my DM42 via Post Netherlands, which predicts a 23 to 31 day transit time to my post office in the USA. This is about three times as long as it took previously. Meanwhile, a pair of sneakers are being shipped to me from the UK via DHL Express in less than a week. DHL is a German company that ships throughout Europe, so I wonder how much it would cost for SM to use it instead of the regular postal services in order to expedite deliveries within Europe.
DM15L, S/N 00548. DM42, SN: 00159. DM41X, SN: 00973. DM32, SN 00054.
rprosperi

Post by rprosperi »

HPMike wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:29 pm
SM is shipping me a replacement PCB for my DM42 via Post Netherlands, which predicts a 23 to 31 day transit time to my post office in the USA. This is about three times as long as it took previously. Meanwhile, a pair of sneakers are being shipped to me from the UK via DHL Express in less than a week. DHL is a German company that ships throughout Europe, so I wonder how much it would cost for SM to use it instead of the regular postal services in order to expedite deliveries within Europe.
I'd say wait until you get the pkg before you conclude how quick it is, though in my experience DHL truly is both the fastest and most predictable courier for USA <-> EU/UK, though it is usually also the most expensive. How much was shipping a pair of sneakers from UK?

I often order books from UK publishers, and one of them stubbornly refuses to offer tracked service, insisting UK Post "Air Business" is fast enough and reliable. My latest order shipped on Nov 26th and still no sign of it, and this costs £18.95!! The publisher will not consider it lost until 12 weeks have passed.

Many shippers (clearly not SM) everywhere have discovered (since COVID) that they can ship as slow as they want while also raising prices, and blame it all on the 'global Pandemic' and that they have no control. The new EU 100% pkg. inspection policy starting in the middle of all this has just made things worse.

I guess we were spoiled when we were experiencing 7-9 days shipping from Switzerland to USA. :)
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
DMaier

Post by DMaier »

CalcFreak wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:56 pm
DMaier,

Did your package arrive yet?
No... I also haven't had any luck in getting SwissMicros to respond to my emails.
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

rprosperi wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:55 am
HPMike wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:29 pm
How much was shipping a pair of sneakers from UK?
It was only $13.95 for a 16" x 10" x 6" box and it took only two days to arrive. So, I imagine a much smaller parcel for a calculator would be less. IIRC, SM charges more than that for shipping. Granted, the seller (StockX) is a huge broker similar to Amazon, and may get more favorable shipping rates than a small company like SM.
DM15L, S/N 00548. DM42, SN: 00159. DM41X, SN: 00973. DM32, SN 00054.
CalcFreak

Post by CalcFreak »

DMaier wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:37 am
CalcFreak wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:56 pm
DMaier,

Did your package arrive yet?
No... I also haven't had any luck in getting SwissMicros to respond to my emails.
That sucks. I'm sure you've tried multiple times, but here are all of their email addresses. You might want to try and cc all of them. Somebody really should at least let you know they'll look into it for you. Good luck.

support@swissmicros.com
orders@swissmicros.com
michael@swissmicros.com
david@swissmicros.com
godwin@swissmicros.com
CalcFreak

Post by CalcFreak »

What happened? Nothing for five days?

I either killed the entire forum, or maybe caused it to divide by zero and it's resetting. :lol:
Walter

Post by Walter »

CalcFreak wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:36 am

I either killed the entire forum, or maybe caused it to divide by zero and it's resetting. :lol:
Remarkable methods to accelerate delivery....
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
CalcFreak

Post by CalcFreak »

Walter wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:52 am
CalcFreak wrote:

Do you mean the list of email addresses I suggested be contacted about the late/missing shipment?

Yes, quite remarkable. :roll:
Walter

Post by Walter »

CalcFreak wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:34 pm
Walter wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:52 am
CalcFreak wrote:

Do you mean the list of email addresses I suggested be contacted about the late/missing shipment?

Yes, quite remarkable. :roll:
Point taken. I obviously misunderstood a statement in a foreign language. Thanks for enlightening.
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
DMaier

Post by DMaier »

CalcFreak wrote:

I do have an update: Michael contacted me to say that he is shipping a replacement. While I don't buy lottery tickets, I'd like to imagine that if I did the exhilaration and dread would be a lot like having a PostNL tracking number. Although I believe that, with lotteries, the winners are announced at a fixed time, whereas with PostNL the fading of hope is more of a gradual thing.