Shipments and Tracking

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
Peet

Re: Shipments and Tracking

Post by Peet »

I am curious whether an OFFIMG with the CE mark would be sufficient.
My programmable calculators - former: CBM PR100, HP41CV, HP28S, HP11C - current: HP48G(256kB), HP35S, Prime, DM41X, DM42
rudi

Post by rudi »

Still underways - If it arrives in another month or so, it would make a nice christmas present ;-)
DM32S long journey3.jpg
DM32S long journey3.jpg (80.51 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
/Rudi

DM-42 (s/n 06999), HP-42S, HP-35s, HP-11c, HP-32SII (ex HP-41CV, ex HP-75C, ex HP-48G + a lot, really lot of a accessories)
Denmark
rudi

Post by rudi »

Update, just got a €30 invoice for tax and VAT from the danish post, which was extected, since Switcherland isn't in the EU. Though I had hoped it could dodged the system ;-)

So, hopefully, the DM42S is here very soon.
/Rudi

DM-42 (s/n 06999), HP-42S, HP-35s, HP-11c, HP-32SII (ex HP-41CV, ex HP-75C, ex HP-48G + a lot, really lot of a accessories)
Denmark
HP41CV

Post by HP41CV »

At least you get yours....

I would happily pay the € 40,- VAT (IIRC there is no tax for such "machines") to get it....
Stephan
HP41CV/HP71B/HP48GX/DM41X
rudi

Post by rudi »

Well - my arms aren’t up yet. Not until I have it in my possession ;-)
/Rudi

Denmark
rudi

YEEEE-HAAAA

Post by rudi »

Finally...

23 days after ordering, it arrived!
I better tug it away until after work, otherwise I woun't get much done today ;-)

/Rudi

Denmark
Walter

Post by Walter »

Congratulations! The Pony Express would have achieved this delivery in 4 days... (the time difference is due to progress).
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
DMaier

Post by DMaier »

rprosperi wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:19 am
Walter wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:51 pm
Honestly, that's a shame. Delivery was quicker and more reliable under the old terms. All for getting a tracking number which doesn't accelerate shipment at all. If you need support for a simple European solution, relying on the established strenghts of our postal systems, please call me. Let the US people maintain their postal system - it's their business after all.

I hope Michael is aware of that "improvement".
The cause for a search for a better system was not driven by issues delivering slowly to US addresses, in fact delivery here, except in the very worst times in the Pandemic, were quite reasonable; I experienced 7 and 9 days myself. The real delays were with deliveries to "other" parts of the world (aka non-Europe/non-USA) and as Michael explained he was looking for a single courier that handled worldwide deliveries with a common and self-serve tracking system so customers could easily check tracking progress just as rudi did here. This system seems to add a bit of time to EU and USA deliveries, while speeding most others, and also providing customer-accessible tracking.

Surely you would not want SM to use a separate system just for your neighborhood, right?
With respect to "other" parts of the world, I can confirm that delivery to Canada a) used to be quite slow and b) is now either much worse or, perhaps, non-existent. I placed an order on Nov. 12 that I haven't received yet; the last update from PostNL is on Nov. 24. I'm assuming that "The item is on transport to the country of destination" is a reference to Walter's pony, who evidently is not a strong swimmer.

With respect to providing a common and self-serve tracking system, note that PostNL actually offers two tracking services; one just requires the tracking number, while the other also wants the destination country and postal code. The second one assures me that my parcel doesn't exist, which may be quite accurate (sad news about the pony). It's interesting to note that in addition to the tracking service, the sender can also reach PostNL by phone, postal mail or Twitter. #ponymail or something of the sort.

I'm feeling kind of discouraged from any future purchases.
DMaier

Before Omicron became a variant of concern...

Post by DMaier »

Today I'm, err, noting the two month anniversary of my order to SwissMicros. Fascinating to realize that was pre-Omicron, or at least before it became a variant of concern. It's amazing how quickly some things can change, while others remain steadfast and unwavering. Like the tracking status of my parcel.

Out of curiosity, has anyone emailed SwissMicros recently, and received a response?
CalcFreak

Post by CalcFreak »

DMaier,

Did your package arrive yet?