Shipments and Tracking

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
Walter

Shipments and Tracking

Post by Walter »

Just learned in another thread (viewtopic.php?p=21442#p21442) that SM is doing gymnastics to let all its shipments have a tracking number, resulting in slower delivery. AFAIK, tracking numbers were requested by customers in the USA due to some shortcomings of their postal system. In Europe, OTOH, delivery was (and is) flawless so far. I hardly understand why all shipments shall go from Switzerland to the Netherlands now and be distributed then although such tracking numbers don't carry any significant benefit here but just slow down delivery. How about applying that detour for overseas shipping only?

Edited to correct an error in a foreign language.
Last edited by Walter on Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
giubin

Re: Shipments and Tracking

Post by giubin »

I really order a lot online. From all over the world. From Europe, with DHL, Gls, with very fast delivery. Probably this couriers don’t serve Switzerland? I can’t understand the problem. I only know that waiting 13 days, and the package is still far away, is near Milan while I’m in south of Italy, for an order of 356 CHF, is not nice. don't get me wrong, I love this company, the product… if they make the 50g replica, I place an instant order :D these are just opinions and suggestions to improve things.
SwissMicros DM42
SwissMicros DM16L
HP 50g
HP 48GX
HP Prime G2
TI-89
TI-Nspire CX-II CAS
Sharp EL-506P; EL-512; EL-5020; EL-5120; PC-1360
ratwolf

Post by ratwolf »

The tracking link provided by SM is not really helpful. But here you can find nearly all :-)

https://parcelsapp.com/de/tracking. Just enter your tracking number.

Somehow they switched from Swiss Post to Spring Global Mail operated by PostNL Netherlands, as you can identify by the last 2 digit of the tracking number "NL". My actual order: Aarau (Spring Global Mail CH) --> NL (guess Amsterdam) --> Germany ... 5 days in transit right now :-(

With Swiss Post it was simply in your mailbox 3-4 days after shipment note. Now the same shipping fee (14 CHF) is charged...
chr yoko

Post by chr yoko »

For EU (and UK i guess) customers :
Can these actual logistic issues may be due to the new VAT rules for anything entering the EU ?
Since July 1st, VAT must be paid at the customer country level if i understand well the situation :
- Is the VAT included into the paid price to SM ?
- Do we have to pay the VAT to the forwarder + its fees ?
DM41L SN01063 - DM42 SN05658 - DM15L SN20438 - DM41X SN00173 - DM16L SN04449
ratwolf

Post by ratwolf »

viewtopic.php?p=21442#p21442

Expected communication before services are changed!
fkrenn

Post by fkrenn »

chr yoko wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:45 am
For EU (and UK i guess) customers :
Can these actual logistic issues may be due to the new VAT rules for anything entering the EU ?
Since July 1st, VAT must be paid at the customer country level if i understand well the situation :
- Is the VAT included into the paid price to SM ?
- Do we have to pay the VAT to the forwarder + its fees ?
Yes, it is the want for VAT.
Received my DM42 (great tool !), Austrian Postal Service is also opening the hand, and the 20% VAT is to be paid. I checked it, it is not customs, but VAT.

Cheers !

Florian
-------
HP-48SX, HP-30B, HP-50g, HP-35S -> DM42
ratwolf

Post by ratwolf »

Received my DM41x ordered on 16.08.2021 on 02.09.2021. (Actually shipped on 21.08.2021 by SM)
No VAT requested so far for shipment to Germany
Manfred

Post by Manfred »

Logistics experience Switzerland -> Germany:

Earlier delivery time was 4 working days after shipping confirmation and receipt at home.

Today with a tracking number, which is updated much too late via the Netherlands, delivery time is 8 working days.

Direct shipping between Swiss Post and German Post (without tracking) was much faster and very reliable.
rudi

Post by rudi »

Hmmm. I placed the order last monday, and here on https://parcelsapp.com/de/tracking/, I can see, that it is expected to land in my home town in almost two weeks from now. SM do write, that it may take 2-3 weeks, but I certainly hope it's faster ;-)
"The item is at shippers warehouse" - I wonder if that is the post company or SM?
TrancAndTrace.jpg
TrancAndTrace.jpg (44.87 KiB) Viewed 11393 times
/Rudi

DM-42 (s/n 06999), HP-42S, HP-35s, HP-11c, HP-32SII (ex HP-41CV, ex HP-75C, ex HP-48G + a lot, really lot of a accessories)
Denmark
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

I gotta admit that I've had no issues receiving my 2 SM calcs. I live Ilse of Man and I've not received a request for vat as I think Switzerland is not EU.

I quote from https://www.gov.uk/eu-eea

"Switzerland is not an EU or EEA member but is part of the single market. This means Swiss nationals have the same rights to live and work in the UK as other EEA nationals."

So, I guess it might include trade??