CalcFreak

Re: Shipments and Tracking

Post by CalcFreak »

DMaier wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:59 am
CalcFreak wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:36 am
What happened? Nothing for five days?

I either killed the entire forum, or maybe caused it to divide by zero and it's resetting. :lol:
I do have an update: Michael contacted me to say that he is shipping a replacement. While I don't buy lottery tickets, I'd like to imagine that if I did the exhilaration and dread would be a lot like having a PostNL tracking number. Although I believe that, with lotteries, the winners are announced at a fixed time, whereas with PostNL the fading of hope is more of a gradual thing.
That's good to hear. It's unfortunate that the vendor has to eat the cost of sending replacements when items get lost in transit, but it's the right way to do business. Good for them. Maybe you could update again when you received the calculator.
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

DMaier wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:59 am
I do have an update: Michael contacted me to say that he is shipping a replacement. While I don't buy lottery tickets, I'd like to imagine that if I did the exhilaration and dread would be a lot like having a PostNL tracking number. Although I believe that, with lotteries, the winners are announced at a fixed time, whereas with PostNL the fading of hope is more of a gradual thing.
That's not very reassuring. Michael supposedly shipped be a replacement PCB for my DM42 with a dead FAT disk over a week ago, and PostNL tracking simply reports that the item is pre-advised to PostNL, which basically means that they have been notified by the sender to expect it, but have not yet actually received it. So either it was not actually handed over to PostNL or they have somehow lost it. I notified Michael about this two days ago, and am waiting for a reply. :cry:
Last edited by HPMike on Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
DM15L, S/N 00548. DM42, SN: 00159. DM41X, SN: 00973. DM32, SN 00054.
akaTB

Post by akaTB »

Swiss Post was such a pleasure to deal with :!:
Greetings,
    Massimo
ajcaton
-+×÷ left is right and right is wrong :twisted: Casted in gold
DMaier

Post by DMaier »

HPMike wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:52 pm
That's not very reassuring. Michael supposedly shipped be a replacement PCB for my DM42 with a dead FAT disk over a week ago, and PostNL tracking simply reports that the item is pre-advised to PostNL, which basically means that they have been notified by the sender to expect it, but have not yet actually received it. So either it was not actually handed over to PostNL or they have somehow lost it. I notified Michael about this two days ago, and am waiting for a reply. :cry:
The current status of my shipment is "the item has been nested to bag", which raises questions about the nesting behavior of small cardboard boxes, but perhaps implies more careful handling than "the item has been shoved into a bag". Hopefully said bag will soon be on an airplane or a Russian trawler or whatever conveyance it is that PostNL uses when it aspires to ship a package across the Atlantic.
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

DMaier wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:33 am
HPMike wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:52 pm
The current status of my shipment is "the item has been nested to bag", which raises questions about the nesting behavior of small cardboard boxes, but perhaps implies more careful handling than "the item has been shoved into a bag". Hopefully said bag will soon be on an airplane or a Russian trawler or whatever conveyance it is that PostNL uses when it aspires to ship a package across the Atlantic.
"Nested", probably lost (no pun intended!) is probably lost in translation.
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

So, it's been three days since I last emailed Michael, and still no reply. I used orders@swissmicros.com, so perhaps that's the problem. I've again emailed him via michael@swissmicros.com, which in the past has gotten me a reply in two days. Meanwhile, there's no change in the status of my shipment, still showing pre-advised to PostNL after ten days. I've offered to pay any difference in postage in order to ship it in a more reliable way in case it has been lost and another PCB needs to be shipped. It sure would be nice to be able update my firmware with the latest release, and save any new programs. Just crossing my fingers that I don't need to reset the calculator for some reason, and lose what is stored in memory, until the new PCB arrives.
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

So, today I received a sliver of hope that I will someday receive the replacement PCB for my DM42. After twelve days, PostNL now reports that "The item is at the PostNL sorting center." Since I've yet to receive a reply to my emails to Michael, I have no idea whether this movement was due to some actions on his part or simply the normal slow progress at PostNL. Meanwhile, parcelsapp.com tracking predicts that "Estimated date of arrival at the post office is 25 Feb 2022 - 05 Mar 2022, 24 - 32 days remaining. Considering that the item was presumably shipped on 21 Jan 2022, transit time is going to be five to six weeks. At least my package has not been "nested to bag." :lol:
dlachieze

Post by dlachieze »

To provide some background on the transportation delays through the different carriers that I think are largely due to the COVID situation, I received yesterday (Feb 1st) a small parcel that was shipped from the US on December 22nd via USPS.

It took up to January 10th to arrive in Los Angeles where is stayed somewhere silently until January 23rd when it was put in a plane to New York, and then to France.

These last two years I've experienced significant delays on international shipments but so far all parcels were delivered.
DM42: 00425 - DM41X: β00066 - WP43: 00042
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

Today I received an email from Michael apologizing for the shipping delay, and providing a better tracking record via Spring GDS that explains the apparent discrepancies in shipping status. The package did indeed ship on 2022-01-21, but since it was in Aarau, CH, it did not yet appear as received by PostNL. Thus the report by PostNL that the item status was only pre-advised. So, it took 12 days to travel to the PostNL sorting center. The status is now "In transit exported", which means that it's on its way to the USA where it will show up on USPS tracking once it arrives. After that, it should take no more than another week to be delivered at my home. 😌
Last edited by HPMike on Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Breathtaking speed of delivery, isn't it? :shock:
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041