Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:23 pm
Breathtaking speed of delivery, isn't it? :shock:
Glad I'm not Americun
DMaier

Re: Shipments and Tracking

Post by DMaier »

CalcFreak wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:32 pm
That's good to hear. It's unfortunate that the vendor has to eat the cost of sending replacements when items get lost in transit, but it's the right way to do business. Good for them. Maybe you could update again when you received the calculator.
Received my replacement order today (20 days)... One observation is that the tracking doesn't seem to update beyond "The Consignment has arrived in the country of destination". I'll check to see if the status ever changes to "delivered".

Unfortunately, though, one of the calculators has a display defect. The defect seems a bit different than what I've previously experienced with SwissMicros calculators; those tended to look like black pixels at the edge of the display. This is more like an air bubble between layers in the middle of the display. Depending on viewing angle, it doesn't affect readability, but it is distracting.
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

DMaier wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:31 pm
Received my replacement order today (20 days)... One observation is that the tracking doesn't seem to update beyond "The Consignment has arrived in the country of destination". I'll check to see if the status ever changes to "delivered".
This is the second shipment, and you've never received the first shipment, correct ? My shipment was made 22 days ago, and it has yet to arrive in the USA. I hope that it hasn't met with the same fate as your first shipment. 😨

How many days did it take to go from "The item is on transport to the country of destination," to "The Consignment has arrived in the country of destination" ?
DM15L, S/N 00548. DM42, SN: 00159. DM41X, SN: 00973. DM32, SN 00054.
rprosperi

Post by rprosperi »

As a data point, here's a USPS tracking snippet from a recent shipment mailed from SM on 19 January to USA (NY);

February 7, 2022, 5:57 pm
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

January 21, 2022, 12:46 pm
Acceptance
NETHERLANDS

There were no updates in-between the 2 entries shown, and the pkg. was delivered on Feb 10th, so about 3-weeks in all. All the normal USPS tracking entries are present after the ISC entry shown (FYI - ISC stands for International Service Center, which is a postal office that submits-to and receives-from each Customs office).

I'm not suggesting this is typical, other shipments may be faster or slower, I only share it to show that no status for long periods does not necessarily mean there is a problem.
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

rprosperi wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:48 am
As a data point, here's a USPS tracking snippet from a recent shipment mailed from SM on 19 January to USA (NY);

February 7, 2022, 5:57 pm
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

January 21, 2022, 12:46 pm
Acceptance
NETHERLANDS

There were no updates in-between the 2 entries shown, and the pkg. was delivered on Feb 10th, so about 3-weeks in all. All the normal USPS tracking entries are present after the ISC entry shown (FYI - ISC stands for International Service Center, which is a postal office that submits-to and receives-from each Customs office).

I'm not suggesting this is typical, other shipments may be faster or slower, I only share it to show that no status for long periods does not necessarily mean there is a problem.
I too have a shipment with USPS tracking reporting "Acceptance on January 21, 2022 at 12:46 pm NETHERLANDS," so Michael shipped both of our parcels at the same time. The difference is that yours arrived in the USA four days ago, and mine has yet to arrive. I have also been tracking it with Spring GDS, and it reports that "2022-02-03 06:45:00 IN TRANSIT - EXPORTED The item is on transport to the country of destination." So, presumably it was placed on an airplane to the USA in the Netherlands or somewhere else in Europe that is served by PostNL, but after eight days has not yet reached a US port of entry. Still crossing my fingers that it has not been lost.
rprosperi

Post by rprosperi »

The largest delays, at least within the US, is the time it takes to be processed through Customs, and also through ISC, both of which processes are invisible and cannot be tracked. If I were cynical, I might observe that the slowest places are those that cannot be watched... ;)

Most likely, your parcel arrived in US about the same time mine did, it depends on where you live and the closest airport of entry, of course and it's working its way through the dark places. But I've also noted that sometimes, there is no tracking at all once within US, and the parcel just appears one day in your mailbox.

It should arrive soon...
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

rprosperi wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:38 am
The largest delays, at least within the US, is the time it takes to be processed through Customs, and also through ISC, both of which processes are invisible and cannot be tracked. If I were cynical, I might observe that the slowest places are those that cannot be watched... ;)

Most likely, your parcel arrived in US about the same time mine did, it depends on where you live and the closest airport of entry, of course and it's working its way through the dark places. But I've also noted that sometimes, there is no tracking at all once within US, and the parcel just appears one day in your mailbox.

It should arrive soon...
If it had arrived in the USA as you suggest, then at least Spring GDS would have reported this, which it hasn't. Also, IME, USPS tracking would also indicate this as well. If there is a delay in processing through customs, then that becomes a separate tracking item. USPS tracking always indicates arrival in the USA prior to processing through customs. Anyway, time will tell. 🤷‍♂️
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

Today, I finally received the following notification from USPS tracking the "Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 1:05 pm on February 13, 2022. This is six days after Bob Prosperi's package arrived at ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS). So, although both packages were shipped at the same time from Switzerland, I guess they were not placed on aircraft by PostNL at the same time for transit to the USA. Anyway, I'm glad I won't have to ask Michael S. to ship me another PCB. My past experience with Chicago customs is that it can take awhile, so I won't worry if I don't receive it right away. It's been in transit for 25 days now, so probably about a month total time to receive something from SM now with PostNL, which is about three times longer than it used to take with Swiss Post. I guess that's the price one has to pay to get tracking on a shipment.
Walter

Post by Walter »

HPMike wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:55 pm
... It's been in transit for 25 days now, so probably about a month total time to receive something from SM now with PostNL, which is about three times longer than it used to take with Swiss Post. I guess that's the price one has to pay to get tracking on a shipment.
So, at the bottom line, what's the benefit? Just want to understand...
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

Walter wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:53 pm
HPMike wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:55 pm
... It's been in transit for 25 days now, so probably about a month total time to receive something from SM now with PostNL, which is about three times longer than it used to take with Swiss Post. I guess that's the price one has to pay to get tracking on a shipment.
So, at the bottom line, what's the benefit? Just want to understand...
No benefit for me personally. I never lost any packages shipped via Swiss Post, and they all arrived in less than two weeks, even during the peak of the pandemic. It's other people on this forum who've complained about not having tracking, not me.