Shipment time Switzerland-Italy

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
giubin

Shipment time Switzerland-Italy

Post by giubin »

The courier used for is very cheap. I'm in trepid waiting for my calculators, ordered on 14th aug. Today, on 26th, the shipment has done a few kilometers. Switzerland-Italy, usually shipments take a few days to be delivered.

I think that for the price, they need to use a better courier :) because when order something like this beauties, we are too excited to wait too long :D
SwissMicros DM42
SwissMicros DM16L
HP 50g
HP 48GX
HP Prime G2
TI-89
TI-Nspire CX-II CAS
Sharp EL-506P; EL-512; EL-5020; EL-5120; PC-1360
akaTB

Re: Shipment time Switzerland-Italy

Post by akaTB »

giubin wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:22 am
The courier used for is very cheap. I'm in trepid waiting for my calculators, ordered on 14th aug. Today, on 26th, the shipment has done a few kilometers. Switzerland-Italy, usually shipments take a few days to be delivered.

I think that for the price, they need to use a better courier :) because when order something like this beauties, we are too excited to wait too long :D
The 'courier' is Swiss Post and, from the border on, Poste Italiane.
Are you seriously arguing about delivery times by Poste Italiane around Ferragosto? With two weekends in the middle? :shock:

C'mon, be serious. Delivery times from Swissmicros to Milan are usually around a week...
Greetings,
    Massimo
ajcaton
-+×÷ left is right and right is wrong :twisted: Casted in gold
giubin

Post by giubin »

akaTB wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:23 pm
giubin wrote:

Are you seriously arguing about delivery times by Poste Italiane around Ferragosto? With two weekends in the middle? :shock:

C'mon, be serious. Delivery times from Swissmicros to Milan are usually around a week...
I ordered in the same period from germany, and takes 4 days to delivery on south of italy, so far from milan ;)

We can't "arguin" btw? As homer simpson that can't in prision? Speaking seriously, we discuss, open topics to make things better! We can't? I can't? Probably, because of my bad english, you have not caught my spirit in the comment. My bad.

Maybe chosing a courier, delivery time can be better!
SwissMicros DM42
SwissMicros DM16L
HP 50g
HP 48GX
HP Prime G2
TI-89
TI-Nspire CX-II CAS
giubin

Post by giubin »

akaTB wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:23 pm
giubin wrote:

P.S.: Italians around the forums, are always too agressive imho (I'm italian, I can write this). Everytime someone try to censor someone else! have a nice day.
SwissMicros DM42
SwissMicros DM16L
HP 50g
HP 48GX
HP Prime G2
TI-89
TI-Nspire CX-II CAS
akaTB

Post by akaTB »

giubin wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:42 pm
P.S.: Italians around the forums, are always too agressive imho (I'm italian, I can write this). Everytime someone try to censor someone else! have a nice day.
So spoke the New Kid on the Block.
Greetings,
    Massimo
ajcaton
-+×÷ left is right and right is wrong :twisted: Casted in gold
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

There's no need for discussion to get this heated. I'm locking the topic.

One of the main complaints we had was the lack of tracking info on shipments. The only way to get that in place meant also filling in customs declarations electronically, and SwissPost has no facility for this, so we are now using PostNL, who have offices in Switzerland. This, however, means that everything is now going first from Switzerland to the Netherlands and then from the Netherlands to its final destination. So, while Italy borders with Switzerland, anything sent there by SwissMicros has to take a diversion via the Netherlands, hence the longer than expected shipping times.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.