Please see the Project page for up-to-date information.
Q: Where can I find a user’s manual for the WP 34s / WP 31s?
The User’s Manual for the WP 34s / 31s is the work of Walter Bonin. This is the main reference for each of these two calculators and includes a huge amount of information covering all aspects of the products (software and hardware). This is the first stop if you have any question related to the WP 34s/31s.
A pdf manual is available on Sourceforge for firmware v2.2 and v3.1 (here).
Starting with v3.2 the manual moved to a printed version and is not available freely in electronic format.
An electronic version of the manual is available for a ≥ 9 US$ donation on the Project page.
The electronic version I got in 2015 is: v3.3 - 339 pages - April 11, 2015. I don't have details about the electronic version currently available.
There have been different formats for the different versions, driven by the book shops where the manual were printed:
- v3.2 was available as a print-on-demand large footprint
- v3.3 was initially offered as a spiral bound A5 format. There were two batches with some slight changes in-between.
- v3.3 is now offered as a print-on-demand book at the same supplier as v3.2 but with a reduced footprint.
- 244 pages (v3.2 large footprint – 8.55”x11”)
- 370 pages (v3.3 spiral bound batch 1 – A5) - Jun 6 2014
- 374 pages (v3.3 spiral bound batch 2 – A5) - Sept 9 2014
- 344 pages (v3.3 perfect bound – 6” x 9”) – Feb 11 2015 - Edition: 3rd revised edition
- 404 pages (v3.3 perfect bound – 6” x 9”) – Jun 11 2016 - Edition: 4
- 410 pages (v3.3d perfect bound – 6” x 9”) – Oct 15 2018 - Edition: 4 - see the Project page for a link to the order page
A preliminary manual for the WP 31s v1.2 is available in pdf format on Sourceforge here.
The final WP 31s v1.2 manual is available as a printed book. There was an initial batch printed as a spiral bound A5 format, it’s now offered as a print-on-demand book at the same supplier as WP 34s v3.3. It had/has:
- 143 pages (v1.2 spiral bound – A5 )
- 150 pages (v1.2 perfect bound – 6” x 9”) Dec 11 2014 - see the Project page for a link to the order page