SM Support

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
jvanoort

SM Support

Post by jvanoort »

Hi All,

I very recently bought and received a DM42 and unfortunately it had developed a defect within days (one of the keys is broken).

Probably just bad luck and I would still definitely recommend the company and their products to anyone, but I feel their customer support leaves something to be desired: I have send a number of emails about the issue to support@swissmicros.com and to all three members to get the issue resolved and up until now I have not received any response from anyone whatsoever.

I'm really not trying to paint anyone in a bad light here and there may be a reasonable explanation, but I paid good money for their product and if something is wrong I feel I am entitled to a minimum of support.

I appreciate the fact that it's a small company, probably at least partially run in their spare time, and that they're busy, but a quick "Hi, we've received your email and we'll get back to you ASAP" would go a long way!

Do you have other experiences? Is this normal? Could something else have gone wrong?
Last edited by jvanoort on Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
jvanoort

Re: SM Support

Post by jvanoort »

Today I received a reply from Michael.
Apparently something was wrong with his email server and he'll look into it. I'm glad there was an explanation indeed and his impeccable reputation for customer support remains 100% deserved!

Issue resolved and 'complaint' withdrawn!