General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
amafan

Re: Fancy Leather Cases

Post by amafan »

Almudena wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:33 pm
amafan wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:04 pm
I would be interested in a bifold wallet style fancy case for my DM42 and DM41x. With a pocket on one side for the calculator and A slot on the other side for a field notes notebook. It would be nice if there was also room to hold a small pen and a few calling cards. :idea:

Any body else interested?
If you want we can talk about it, I'll do my best.
Thank you for your reply. You seem to write well in English. Better than some of the English speakers, including me, on this forum. I will try to sketch up something to illustrate what I envision on the bifold wallet style case for the DM42 and DM41x. Basically, I would like to be able to open the wallet and use the calculator without removing it from the wallet. I think this means a thin elastic loop at the top and bottom of the calculator. I have to admit that I haven't completely thought it out yet.
DM42 (#6476), DM41X (#458), DM15, 12 - HP 12, 17BII, 35(2), 45, HP 27S, 28S, 30B, 41CV, 41CX, 42S, 48S, 35S, HP10bII+, 12C PLAT
I may have a problem!
Almudena

Post by Almudena »

Hello,

Ohh ... thank you, that helps me to trust my English a little more ... but not so much, please forgive me if I don't express something well.

I have been thinking about your proposal for a case without taking the calculator out of the wallet, I would like to find a way, please give me a little more time, if I would need the exact measurements of the space available between the keys, screen, ect.
I don't have DM42 to measure, I made a cardboard mold.
Any idea is good to study options that you like.
amafan

Post by amafan »

Almudena wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:52 pm
Hello,

Ohh ... thank you, that helps me to trust my English a little more ... but not so much, please forgive me if I don't express something well.

I have been thinking about your proposal for a case without taking the calculator out of the wallet, I would like to find a way, please give me a little more time, if I would need the exact measurements of the space available between the keys, screen, ect.
Thank your for your quick and thoughtful reply. I am currently using a folio case for my DM41x and DM42 that has on one side a clear plastic pocket to hold the calculator and on the other side pockets for pens, pencils and other small objects. There is also a pocket under the calculator for a small notebook or calling cards. between the two sides is a neoprene flap to protect the calculator when the case is zipped closed.

If you use this method then the key spacing doesn't matter. I hope this helps.
Last edited by amafan on Sat May 01, 2021 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
DM42 (#6476), DM41X (#458), DM15, 12 - HP 12, 17BII, 35(2), 45, HP 27S, 28S, 30B, 41CV, 41CX, 42S, 48S, 35S, HP10bII+, 12C PLAT
I may have a problem!
pauli

Post by pauli »

I did at one point and had some nice cases made both for printers and calculators.

The guy who made them was later convicted for child molestation and is spending a long time in gaol. A good thing IMO.

Pauli
Almudena

Post by Almudena »

amafan wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:15 pm
Almudena wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:52 pm
Hello,

Thank your for your quick and thoughtful reply. I am currently using a folio case for my DM41x and DM42 that has on one side a clear plastic pocket to hold the calculator and on the other side pockets for pens, pencils and other small objects. There is also a pocket under the calculator for a small notebook or calling cards. between the two sides is a neoprene flap to protect the calculator when the case is zipped closed.

If you use this method then the key spacing doesn't matter. I hope this helps.
Yes, of course, thank you. How can I see the photos of the cases?
invariant

Post by invariant »

Walter wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:52 pm
Same here: I've got HP's true leather cases for Pioneers and Voyagers. They are the best you can get for these calculators.
Would you mind providing a picture as well? I would love to know what these used to look like and, surprisingly I find it difficult to find information about those. Do they have a flap that folds and tucks under a strap?
Alphacentauri

Post by Alphacentauri »

The DM42 thickness is tapered from a side profile. I measure 13mm at top and tapers to 8mm at thinnest at bottom of calculator. Plus or minus 1mm of measurement inaccuracy.
reavy

Post by reavy »

Unfortunately, my contact in the leather industry fell through. No thanks to the global pandemic. I am glad to see there is continued interest in this and that someone has stepped up to try to provide the community with something.
elgarak

Post by elgarak »

Just posting to let my interest known. I would also very much like to have a foldable case, which exposes the calculator ready to use when opened.
Almudena

Post by Almudena »

Hello everyone interested in leather cases for DM42, I have good news. At this moment you have at your disposal three models of case for the DM42 calculator, one case is to open and use the calculator directly, without removing it from the case.
Please, you can enter to see the models and I will be happy to know your opinion about these models that I have prepared especially for you.
https://www.ludenaleather.com/listing/1024724277/
https://www.ludenaleather.com/listing/1007959863/
https://www.ludenaleather.com/listing/1007948745/